2015 F6B - Page 4
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 F6B

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    All I can say is WOW. Finally, right? I don't need reverse, I know how to park facing uphill. But the cruise would be really nice, especially after my latest trip. The black exhaust looks great that's why I painted mine black LOL.

The one that has my eyes popping is the red/black full wing. The more long trips I take on my F6 the more I think a full wing would be awesome. But I will be keeping my 6 for a while. I'm still upside down on it anyway.

Attachment 8227
    I'd bet you'd be looking for another place to live if you traded bikes again. Hell I'm in the same boat, a new bike is outa the question, our trade ins would be terrible with all the miles you and I have racked up so far.

I also really like that new black colour scheme; the blue not so much.

I may be in the minority, but I still like the chrome. It's classier. Black looks cheap.
    Remember the Kawasaki Mean Streak? It had black pipes, and after a couple of years they looked awful.

As for the cruise, the added cost and the complexity don't trump a good throttle lock like a Brakeaway.
    It will be interesting to see how much the Deluxe package will now cost with the cruise as part of it.
    For $180, the Brakeaway is way cheaper than buying a '15 at full list price.

In Canada the '13's (only in black, no deluxe package available, but ABS standard) are now going for $5k off list.
    '14's are still full list until the '15's hit our showrooms, which won't likely be until next Spring.

I doubt Honda Japan specs the bikes sold in worldwide markets. That's likely left to their various distributors on the continents. If motorcycles have a spec, it's because of regulations and the potential for sales versus installed equipment.

I have a simple Throttlemeister for fixed cruise on my F6B. But the 2015 option for one would be better. Same for ABS, traction control, security, and on and on. The USA price point sets the equipment list.

Quote Originally Posted by motoman View Post
    Not.

Unlike many other bikes, there is very little power to be gained by swapping pipes on a Wing. Or a Valkyrie or an ST1300 for that matter. And most cruisers don't need or want any additional noise.

How many miles you got on your F6 now, Cabbie? That's what impresses Wingers. A lot more than what your bike happens to look like.
    Sure see a lot of talk of pipes being replaced right here on this forum. Granted, there are plenty stay stock too. But of those that get replaced, a decent amount of oems will be for sale.

Oh and I don't give a d*mn about mileage. 1500 in 3 weeks. I know, I know -- you do that before lunch. Whatever. The day I'm out to impress "Wingers" will be the day I start seeing how much chrome crap and lights I can stick on.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    As for the cruise, the added cost and the complexity don't trump a good throttle lock like a Brakeaway.
    It will be interesting to see how much the Deluxe package will now cost with the cruise as part of it.
    The article said cruise will be standard issue, not exclusive to deluxe models

Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    The article said cruise will be standard issue, not exclusive to deluxe models
    You'd better go to Honda's US website. Cruise only comes with the Deluxe package on the '15 F6B.

http://powersports.honda.com/Model/2...b/options.aspx

Not a fan of the '15 F6B

For all of you who have wanted cruise control ( I'm not in that category, Go Cruise is perfectly acceptable for my long distance riding) salivate on. I personally do not like matte finish paint so the gray/ black is not my cup of tea. Shiny black exhaust will be a nightmare to keep clean and spot free. The blue is a bit too blue for me. Having reviewed the Honda website introducing the '15 F6B, I am perfectly happy with my big red machine with my personally selected accessories and 22.000 miles of pleasurable riding.

I have to wonder, after listening to all the moaning and groaning about the lack of cruise for the past two years, if Honda will even sell one standard F6B after the '15 models hit the dealerships. According to the website, the cruise is only a component of the Deluxe package. I also wonder what Honda is going to add to the price for the Deluxe. Right now, both version pricing is listed as TBD. It is probably going to be very close to the base model full Wing pricing. Having owned two full Wings and prefer the more basic F6B offering, I do wonder if the Deluxe with cruise might just price itself too close to the base model full Wing and keep potential F6B customers from buying the best handling, most fun motorcycle Honda ever produced.

Time will tell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    You'd better go to Honda's US website. Cruise only comes with the Deluxe package on the '15 F6B.

http://powersports.honda.com/Model/2...b/options.aspx
    If you go the page you linked, and click Overview on left side (this is the page I had looked at earlier), at about the middle of the page it reads:

Cruise Control
    New for 2015, we’re introducing cruise control as a standard feature. It’s a perfect addition for a bike like the F6B that’s designed for some serious distance riding.

I see where it says its an "add" on the page you linked for the deluxe however. But that wording on their "overview" might mislead some....like me. ;-)

But, but, but they will now make an aftermarket cruise control for the older bikes, right?

Cruise

I wouldn't mind the cruise, but that's about all that interested me on the new ones. Not enough to trade my 2 month old 2013 Deluxe in on, that's for sure. I never had cruise on any of my other bikes, but I can see the appeal. Glad I got a bit over 3K off the 2014 price. Now I don't feel so bad. I am curious to see how they price them.

One more thing. I've never been a huge fan of regular Gold Wings, but that Red/black unit looks really nice!
    ---
    When in trouble, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!