2015 F6B - Page 6
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 F6B

Quote Originally Posted by Random Factor View Post
    It looks nice. I like the blue a lot. I think it is my favorite color so far. Flat grey doesn't really speak to me, though. Wonder if they will do a white one in 2016.

But I like my chrome pipes. Red is more visible on the highway. I've never had a bike with cruise control anyway, and I got a really good deal on my 2013 3 weeks ago partially based on the assertion that the 2015s were bound to be coming out any time now.

We all realized this was coming, right? I don't feel bad at all.
    Well before my f6b I was going to buy a white wing!
    had honda did a white with cruise and abs I would have one on order!
    Reverse not interested.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I am glad that Honda is offering cruise control on the F6B for 2015 so those poor souls that bought one without can quit the moaning and groaning and enjoy this great bike as it is...I have had cruise on a couple of bikes and seldom, if ever, used it..My choice and I knew going in that cruise was not available and it was in no way a deal breaker for me...Ride safe...
    I'm one of those "POOR SOULS" that has refused to sell his Goldwing with Cruise for a F6B without cruise. Unlike you, I use my cruise control ALL OF THE TIME !

Voicing my desires of a cruise control on a F6B is NOT moaning or groaning as you so eloquently have posted. I already have other bikes without cruise, not interested in adding another to my stable without cruise.

You DO NOT know the riding style nor NEEDS of other riders that prefer to have a cruise control on longer trips, especially those of us that may have carpal tunnel or circulation issues on our hands. Cruise control allows us to remove our right hand and stretch it.

Try posting a little bit on the positive side and stop being so critical or cynical, it's getting old. If you had attended the Rally, you would have experienced the opposite of your negativity. EVERYONE was so positive and HELPFUL not critical or negative. I'm not slamming you just getting a bit tired of the un-necessary crap that you post that contributes nothing and is intended to piss someone else off.

Ride Safe

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    New blue looks great too and hopefully, the paint issue will be resolved.
    I saw a blue Valkyrie in the flesh a few weeks ago. The paint looked great and appeared to have a nice thick clear coat. There were no fine scratches to be found on the Valkyrie as opposed to the red and black F6Bs that were on the floor. If the blue paint on the 2015 F6B is the same as the blue on the 2014 Valkyrie, paint problems might be a thing of the past. Unfortunately, there have been so few Valkyries sold that there is no real world information I can find to verify that the blue is really as good as it appeared to be on the showroom floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Massroll View Post
    I wouldn't mind the cruise, but that's about all that interested me on the new ones. Not enough to trade my 2 month old 2013 Deluxe in on, that's for sure. I never had cruise on any of my other bikes, but I can see the appeal. Glad I got a bit over 3K off the 2014 price. Now I don't feel so bad. I am curious to see how they price them.

One more thing. I've never been a huge fan of regular Gold Wings, but that Red/black unit looks really nice!

also massroll haven see your bike yet .\
    hit me up soon we can maybe go for a lil cruise around .

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    I'm one of those "POOR SOULS" that has refused to sell his Goldwing with Cruise for a F6B without cruise. Unlike you, I use my cruise control ALL OF THE TIME !

Voicing my desires of a cruise control on a F6B is NOT moaning or groaning as you so eloquently have posted. I already have other bikes without cruise, not interested in adding another to my stable without cruise.

You DO NOT know the riding style nor NEEDS of other riders that prefer to have a cruise control on longer trips, especially those of us that may have corporal tunnel or circulation issues on our hands. Cruise control allows us to remove our right hand and stretch it.

Try posting a little bit on the positive side and stop being so critical or cynical, it's getting old. If you had attended the Rally, you would have experienced the opposite of your negativity. EVERYONE was so positive and HELPFUL not critical or negative. I'm not slamming you just getting a bit tired of the un-necessary crap that you post that contributes nothing and is intended to piss someone else off.

Ride Safe
    Thanks Phantom- I like your moderating techniques!

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post

You DO NOT know the riding style nor NEEDS of other riders that prefer to have a cruise control on longer trips, especially those of us that may have corporal tunnel or circulation issues on our hands. Cruise control allows us to remove our right hand and stretch it.

Ride Safe
    Easy big fella, I kinda agree with Opas. It's disappointing hearing so many prospective new riders say no cruise is a deal breaker... disappointing because they're missing out on one helluva bike... but you're darn tootin' that there's no replacement for a proper electronic cruise system. My Go-Cruise hasn't been cuttin' it.

I've got a close eye on the 2015 model with the hope that the cruise will be retrofittable... and affordable.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Easy big fella, I kinda agree with Opas. It's disappointing hearing so many prospective new riders say no cruise is a deal breaker... disappointing because they're missing out on one helluva bike...
    I share your opinion too.

I've got a close eye on the 2015 model with the hope that the cruise will be retrofittable... and affordable.
    Well I called Honda this afternoon to ask the same question. They said there is no way they will have a retrofit kit available cuz there are lot of things involved the way Honda has cruise on their bikes.

Considering that I'm might go with --------. I know it is expensive but in the long run it will be much cheaper than trade in on a new bike. I also might reach out to one of the forum member who has -------- to help me put it. Obviously I'll pay for the Job. Once I get the installation steps printed, I might take it to one of the local mechanic and see how much he charges for the job in winter. I hope with the slow business he might be inclined to help me out. He has already told me that I will get a discount cuz he has not done one yet and he might learn something from of it.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Easy big fella, I kinda agree with Opas. It's disappointing hearing so many prospective new riders say no cruise is a deal breaker... disappointing because they're missing out on one helluva bike... but you're darn tootin' that there's no replacement for a proper electronic cruise system. My Go-Cruise hasn't been cuttin' it.

For some the cruise control is a must, just like heated grips is a must for others.

You didn't need cruise to pull the trigger, however you are interested to see if you can retrofit it on to your bike. Obviously the Go-Cruise has not lived up to your expectations. Hopefully the retrofit will use the existing wiring harness, I presume/guess that the right side handlebar knuckle will need to be replaced.

I need a cruise for long distance, hence owning the "grandpa" couch rocket as my friends call it. I'm not missing out on this helluva a bike, my standard Goldwing rides just as well, is equipped with the cruise and fits my needs.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Look at many of the older posts since the day the F6B came out...Many, many owners were bad mouthing Honda for not offering cruise control on the F6B..I am only saying that if you wanted or needed it that much, why not buy something else or a GW...We are all supposedly mature adults here and all knew going in that no F6B cruise was offered so why complain about it all the time!!!..."Poor souls" was perhaps a bad choice of words on my part,but I am sorry I just got a little tired of people "whinning" about the lack of cruise control when they new it going in.....Now I am sure many will start again about ABS brakes or something else...Maybe that is the way Honda makes changes to their products, maybe not....Again, I am not finding fault with those that need or want cruise control as we are different in our riding styles....I love my F6B, as do most on this board, or they would not be or reading this info.....Regards and ride safe....