Recommendations for rear luggage for long trip? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Recommendations for rear luggage for long trip?

I really like all the luggage ideas that everyone's suggested so far. Thanks for sharing them.

I came across something else to share. To avoid using super large bags, there's also the idea of using thoughtful packing methods to maximize space.

For anyone who's truly attempting to pack a whole month's worth of stuff into a single bag, or taking a true fashionista for a weekend trip (same thing) ... check this guy out:

Some downsides to using that method ....
    • I'd hate to need "just one tee shirt" on the side of the road
    • That bag will be HEAVY. If it isn't constructed well, the seams, zipper, or handle might rip. Could also break your luggage rack.
    • There's not much extra space when you buy that fancy "I went to Sturgis so I'm officially cool now" tee shirt
    • Could you imagine having to repack that bag every morning after you've stopped?

But then again, it might just be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
    I really like all the luggage ideas that everyone's suggested so far. Thanks for sharing them.

I came across something else to share. To avoid using super large bags, there's also the idea of using thoughtful packing methods to maximize space.

For anyone who's truly attempting to pack a whole month's worth of stuff into a single bag, or taking a true fashionista for a weekend trip (same thing) ... check this guy out:

Some downsides to using that method ....
    • I'd hate to need "just one tee shirt" on the side of the road
    • That bag will be HEAVY. If it isn't constructed well, the seams, zipper, or handle might rip. Could also break your luggage rack.
    • There's not much extra space when you buy that fancy "I went to Sturgis so I'm officially cool now" tee shirt
    • Could you imagine having to repack that bag every morning after you've stopped?

But then again, it might just be worth it.
    Doesn't seem like a viable moto packing technique but it seems fantastic for a situation where you were traveling and then staying for a week and could unpack.

I've used the same Ortlieb dry bag (size medium) for 14 years with no problems. Everything that does fit into the small saddlebags I've had on my KLRs fits in it. And it keeps everything dry. Period. If I don't get some kind of detachable Givi trunk when I get my F6B this spring, I'll keep using it.

http://www.aerostich.com/ortlieb-dry...ffel-bags.html