F6B SIGHTINGS...

Thread: F6B SIGHTINGS...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks for the welcome guys.

Basic story is after wanting a motorcycle for 10+ years I finally decided to take the plunge and get my endorsement in March of this year. With that I purchased a Suzuki C50T. I actually sat on the F6B the day I bought my C50 but the idea of a 1800cc, 840lb monster that cost $21k wasn't right for a guy just begining.

So over the last 6 months I rode 6700 miles on the C50 snd lusted after the F6B continuously. On Thursday I took the C50 in to have a coolant leak looked at (turned out to just be a loose clamp) and Motosport happened to still have 1 red F6B which was their demo, coincidentally the same bike I had sat on 6 months prior. I made the comment to Matt (finance guy) that I loved the bike and it was killing me to see it sit, he asked me what he had to make happen for me to be able to take it with me. I told him there was no way I could afford a $21k bike, especially since I was sure I was upside down on my Suzuki. He insisted I tell him what I could do, and I will be damned if he didn't make it happen.

Nice!!! I'll bet your out in the garage till late thirty tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by F6BPDX View Post

Basic story is after wanting a motorcycle for 10+ years I finally decided to take the plunge and get my endorsement in March of this year. With that I purchased a Suzuki C50T. I actually sat on the F6B the day I bought my C50 but the idea of a 1800cc, 840lb monster that cost $21k wasn't right for a guy just begining.

So over the last 6 months I rode 6700 miles on the C50 snd lusted after the F6B continuously. On Thursday I took the C50 in to have a coolant leak looked at (turned out to just be a loose clamp) and Motosport happened to still have 1 red F6B which was their demo, coincidentally the same bike I had sat on 6 months prior. I made the comment to Matt (finance guy) that I loved the bike and it was killing me to see it sit, he asked me what he had to make happen for me to be able to take it with me. I told him there was no way I could afford a $21k bike, especially since I was sure I was upside down on my Suzuki. He insisted I tell him what I could do, and I will be damned if he didn't make it happen.
    Congrats! I was a Suzuki nut for years but they don't have anything that rivals the F6B.

Motosport happened to still have 1 red F6B which was their demo, coincidentally the same bike I had sat on 6 months prior.

Funny thing is...I just happen to have ridden THAT Red F6B...on April 6th, as their demo bike, and I ended up buying a all Black standard model, and rode it home that day. I did NOT go to the dealership to buy an F6B. I went there to buy a demo ST1300 ABS, which was a 2012 model that was part of the Honda demo fleet. They had a very low price on several of the demo ST1300's, and I drove 125 miles from home to buy one. After a two (2) mile ride on the ST1300 ABS, I returned to the dealership, handed them the bike back, and said...hell no ! It reminded me of why I no longer ride that style of bike, or in that riding position. As I was getting ready to drive away, the owner came running out, and asked me if I would please test ride the Red F6B for them, as...they were sitting on six of them, and no one had bought any yet...or even test ridden one. Since I was all dressed for riding...in the light rain...I said..sure..I will give it a test ride. (I was familiar with the new F6B, and had gone out of my way to see them at the local dealers)

After another two mile test ride..but this time on the F6B, I returned to the dealer and bought a new Black standard model.

Now...YOU have the Red demo model I test rode.

BTW...where did you get that white or shiny batwing sticker for the back of your helmet????? I would bet that a lot of us would buy those and puit them on the back of our helmets. Please tell me where .........

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    BTW...where did you get that white or shiny batwing sticker for the back of your helmet????? I would bet that a lot of us would buy those and puit them on the back of our helmets. Please tell me where .........
    Picked it up on eBay, its white vinyl. This is the same seller I used.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-Batman-Be...item19d6ac9883

Saw a Red one Sunday

I saw a red F6B Sunday around 1 PM heading from Mount Greylock MA, home to Ct. It was not as big a suprise as the first F6B I saw. I picked this one out in the distance.
    So far in Ct, I don't see many of these. I wonder how they are selling? I actually like to be "different" from the masses so it's OK with me if these bikes are NOT selling well. If I wanted to be like everyone else I'd buy a V-Twin.

To be honest with ya'all, I am hoping that Honda discontinues the F6B, and does not bring it back as a 2014 model. It would be nice to have the single year model of this bike. I do not beleive that a 2014 model would have any appreciable changes to it...like a electronic cruise control, or ABS brakes, etc.

So, for me, I would like Honda to stop making the F6B, and have the 2013 model year be the only one.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    So, for me, I would like Honda to stop making the F6B, and have the 2013 model year be the only one.
    Not me!!! It would kill the avaialbility of F6B-specific aftermarket do-dads!!!

If you want a (darn near) one-off, go buy a DN-01!!!!!

The Honda DN-01 is a cruiser motorcycle made by Honda from 2008 to 2010. It was introduced at the 2005 Tokyo Motor Show[4] and went on sale in Japan and Europe in 2008, in the United States in 2009,[3] and was discontinued at the end of 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Not me!!! It would kill the avaialbility of F6B-specific aftermarket do-dads!!!

If you want a (darn near) one-off, go buy a DN-01!!!!!

The Honda DN-01 is a cruiser motorcycle made by Honda from 2008 to 2010. It was introduced at the 2005 Tokyo Motor Show[4] and went on sale in Japan and Europe in 2008, in the United States in 2009,[3] and was discontinued at the end of 2010.

Scotrod, by now we F6B owners have already bought 93.14159 % of the aftermarket do-dads that we want for our bikes, and if there is anything that we have not bought yet...it will still be available for the next 6 months to a year before the manufacturers decide to stop making it.

As for the DN-01...way too small cc, and not for me. I checked one out...no thanks.

Very nice and welcome to the F6B family…

My wife and I have really enjoyed ours.