F6B SIGHTINGS... - Page 4
Page 4 of 81 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: F6B SIGHTINGS...

Seen a red F6B on Thursday the 10th

While on a little jaunt with the wife we seen a red F6B in Damascus Oregon on HWY 212 about 2:30 pm. First one we have seen on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Abiqua Creek View Post
    While on a little jaunt with the wife we seen a red F6B in Damascus Oregon on HWY 212 about 2:30 pm. First one we have seen on the road.
    That would be me! I had just bought mine in Hillsboro and was riding it home to Sandy for the wife to sign her part of the paperwork. It was an unplanned purchase, as I had just gone in for a coolant leak on my Suzuki.

Couldnt be happier with the F6B.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by F6BPDX View Post
    It was an unplanned purchase, as I had just gone in for a coolant leak on my Suzuki.

Welcome aboard!!!!

Sounds quite interesting!

More details, please!!!!!

Rode today In the Breast Cancer Poker Run In St.Augustine Fl. Spotted two other F6B's both Black. One actually had the keys hanging in the saddle bag lock. Didn't see anyone around it. This is a bit of a flaw. Its so dang easy to forget your keys in this lock. Didn't see the owner of either bike. Would have liked to talk to them. Any of you on Here? Dickie

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    Rode today In the Breast Cancer Poker Run In St.Augustine Fl. Spotted two other F6B's both Black. One actually had the keys hanging in the saddle bag lock. Didn't see anyone around it. This is a bit of a flaw. Its so dang easy to forget your keys in this lock. Dickie

I used to live in St. Augustine, FL...back in 1959.

There are many of us that have a key left in the saddelbag lock. But not the entire ignition key ring. We all do it with a custom knob on a shortened key, so it only opens the saddlebags, and will not work in the ignition. If done right, the knob looks like part of the bike, and unsuspecting hooligans would not know there is a key under that knob.

That would be me! I had just bought mine in Hillsboro and was riding it home to Sandy for the wife to sign her part of the paperwork. It was an unplanned purchase, as I had just gone in for a coolant leak on my Suzuki.

Couldnt be happier with the F6B.
    There are several of us that bought our F6Bs from Hillsboro Motosport, in Hillsboro, Oregon. I know I bought the very first F6B they sold. I wonder how many of us on this forum bought from there???????

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Basic story is after wanting a motorcycle for 10+ years I finally decided to take the plunge and get my endorsement in March of this year. With that I purchased a Suzuki C50T. I actually sat on the F6B the day I bought my C50 but the idea of a 1800cc, 840lb monster that cost $21k wasn't right for a guy just begining.

So over the last 6 months I rode 6700 miles on the C50 snd lusted after the F6B continuously. On Thursday I took the C50 in to have a coolant leak looked at (turned out to just be a loose clamp) and Motosport happened to still have 1 red F6B which was their demo, coincidentally the same bike I had sat on 6 months prior. I made the comment to Matt (finance guy) that I loved the bike and it was killing me to see it sit, he asked me what he had to make happen for me to be able to take it with me. I told him there was no way I could afford a $21k bike, especially since I was sure I was upside down on my Suzuki. He insisted I tell him what I could do, and I will be damned if he didn't make it happen.

Nice!!! I'll bet your out in the garage till late thirty tonight!

Basic story is after wanting a motorcycle for 10+ years I finally decided to take the plunge and get my endorsement in March of this year. With that I purchased a Suzuki C50T. I actually sat on the F6B the day I bought my C50 but the idea of a 1800cc, 840lb monster that cost $21k wasn't right for a guy just begining.

So over the last 6 months I rode 6700 miles on the C50 snd lusted after the F6B continuously. On Thursday I took the C50 in to have a coolant leak looked at (turned out to just be a loose clamp) and Motosport happened to still have 1 red F6B which was their demo, coincidentally the same bike I had sat on 6 months prior. I made the comment to Matt (finance guy) that I loved the bike and it was killing me to see it sit, he asked me what he had to make happen for me to be able to take it with me. I told him there was no way I could afford a $21k bike, especially since I was sure I was upside down on my Suzuki. He insisted I tell him what I could do, and I will be damned if he didn't make it happen.
    Congrats! I was a Suzuki nut for years but they don't have anything that rivals the F6B.

Motosport happened to still have 1 red F6B which was their demo, coincidentally the same bike I had sat on 6 months prior.

Funny thing is...I just happen to have ridden THAT Red F6B...on April 6th, as their demo bike, and I ended up buying a all Black standard model, and rode it home that day. I did NOT go to the dealership to buy an F6B. I went there to buy a demo ST1300 ABS, which was a 2012 model that was part of the Honda demo fleet. They had a very low price on several of the demo ST1300's, and I drove 125 miles from home to buy one. After a two (2) mile ride on the ST1300 ABS, I returned to the dealership, handed them the bike back, and said...hell no ! It reminded me of why I no longer ride that style of bike, or in that riding position. As I was getting ready to drive away, the owner came running out, and asked me if I would please test ride the Red F6B for them, as...they were sitting on six of them, and no one had bought any yet...or even test ridden one. Since I was all dressed for riding...in the light rain...I said..sure..I will give it a test ride. (I was familiar with the new F6B, and had gone out of my way to see them at the local dealers)

After another two mile test ride..but this time on the F6B, I returned to the dealer and bought a new Black standard model.

Now...YOU have the Red demo model I test rode.

BTW...where did you get that white or shiny batwing sticker for the back of your helmet????? I would bet that a lot of us would buy those and puit them on the back of our helmets. Please tell me where .........