F6B SIGHTINGS... - Page 47
Page 47 of 81 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: F6B SIGHTINGS...

I have only seen one other...ever...in the Rochester, NY metro area. Super Bowl Sunday on Salt Rd. in Webster.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

GaTeach
    Yesterday at Pier Park, dude on a red one. Across the street we saw a guy on a yellow. Then met a guy who bought a black one in ATL Friday and rode to thunder beach Friday night. That rocks. Then we saw a parked yellow when we were leaving Frank Brown Park.

This morning I saw a black one in PCB on 98. Biggest trunk I've ever seen. Lol.

And south of Cordele...headed south... A gray one riding with two small, loud cruisers. Maybe Sportys.

How about a NON-sighting?

April 16....

The Uwharrie Mountain Rumble.

A group of us (like 8 or 10 bikes) got there, signed in, and paid our donations ($35 per). Then, as the starting queue was forming, one of my group (on a Harley...are we surprised?) broke down. Nobody else even bothered to help the guy out ...well one sort of did, he said 'you want me to stay with you?' over his shoulder as he rode off.

So I stayed to help the guy out. He didn't even have a cell signal....wasn't like he was going to be able to call anyone.

Never got to do the ride. Never got to go to the finish. ....basically rode 90+ minutes to give the Masons $35 and then rode 90+ minutes home. (never even got the promised T-shirt)

HOWEVER.....from a few of the photos I later saw of the finish...there was one or two other F6B's there. Never really saw them...wish I had.

.....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

Quote Originally Posted by SimonTemplar View Post
    How about a NON-sighting?

April 16....

The Uwharrie Mountain Rumble.

A group of us (like 8 or 10 bikes) got there, signed in, and paid our donations ($35 per). Then, as the starting queue was forming, one of my group (on a Harley...are we surprised?) broke down. Nobody else even bothered to help the guy out ...well one sort of did, he said 'you want me to stay with you?' over his shoulder as he rode off.

So I stayed to help the guy out. He didn't even have a cell signal....wasn't like he was going to be able to call anyone.

Never got to do the ride. Never got to go to the finish. ....basically rode 90+ minutes to give the Masons $35 and then rode 90+ minutes home. (never even got the promised T-shirt)

HOWEVER.....from a few of the photos I later saw of the finish...there was one or two other F6B's there. Never really saw them...wish I had.

.....sT
    Your good deed won't go unnoticed at some point. I won't do any more charity rides unless I'm asked by a friend running one. Too much down time, not enough riding.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    ........I won't do any more charity rides unless I'm asked by a friend running one. Too much down time, not enough riding.
    I think that is going to be my last one as well. From what little I did see....I can (happily) get by without it.

....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

GaTeach
    I saw a gray F6B in between Monroe and Athens yesterday. Headed west toward Monroe on 78.

I'd have turned around but I was already late for church. (Mother's Day, dammit.)

You never would have caught that gray anyway....

Driving back from Florida to Chicago, saw 2 heading west on Interstate 24 in Kentucky.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1974 CB 750
    1976 Sportster
    1978 Low Rider
    1984 Superglide
    1994 Road King
    2000 Ultra Classic
    2016 F6B

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    You never would have caught that gray anyway....

There was so much stuff piled on the back, I'd have caught him/her in a heartbeat. lol

Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    There was so much stuff piled on the back, I'd have caught him/her in a heartbeat. lol