I appreciate the input on this warm hands thread. I have $240 in OEM heated grips and installed them yesterday with the help of my son and a friend in about 2 1/2 hours. I'm very pleased with the purchase. There are no hot spots. The directions posted by Honda were good.

If you tackle this project consider an air filter change at the same time. I also upgraded my seat bolts to the tapered type. These are much easier for me to get started with little worry over cross threading. I got them used on e-bay for about $10.

Removal of the left hand grip; compressed air was applied to the end of the grip and it popped it right off. Cool trick, thanks son. Brake cleaner on a rag quickly cleaned the old glue off. Installation of the new grip required 2 people. We had a small tube of motorcycle grip glue from another project. We spread the glue on the bar only. In hind site I wonder if applying some glue on the inside of the grip would have helped it slide on. The new grip was tight so shoving took place on one end and the second person held the bike.

The rest of the project went per the Honda directions posted earlier in this thread. Wiring was plug and play. Removal and replacement of the plastic requires attention throughout. Also in hind site I would have searched for a pictorial or a youtube on removal of the plastics. I'm very satisfied with the project and hope yours goes smoothly.

Happy cold weather riding...