How tall are you? Are you comfortable in the factory saddle??

Thread: How tall are you? Are you comfortable in the factory saddle??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Maybe you need a backrest ??

I would try a backrest to go along with the highway pegs. I agree the F6B is 'standard' seat and peg positions. For me its the most comfortable position for seating and pegs. I've had feet forward and slight rearward pegs on sportier bikes. My height is 5' 8" with a 30" inseam. Everyone's comfort and fit are different, you gotta find what fits you.
    Good luck.

Yeahoo,

Thanks for the site link, this is interesting and informative.
    My pleasure! Just passing it on, I first heard about the site from the characters over on the Wildgoose Chase Moto Guzzi forum.

I really like that Cycle Ergo site, I play in there every now and then..
    Please don't spook the road-sheep.

I'm 6'4 ... and I sit comfortable on the bike as is ... I don't get all of these complaints about this and and that ... I have the highway pegs on as well and I look and feel GOOD while riding ... smh!!!

I'm pretty happy with the ergos so far

I've not done more than 200 miles in one stretch yet, so the jury is still out for me. The saddle seems fine so far. I came off a Roadstar with a Mustang saddle, and the support on this is just as good. It's a tad more firm, but I believe that's probably a good thing - a saddle that crushes or sags down over a long haul becomes miserable.

The peg and bar position seem just about ideal for me (I'm 6' tall). I'd like some highway pegs or boards, only because on a long enough ride it just feels good to have somewhere else to put my feet. I do think that highway pegs will probably make the reach to the bars seem awkward, though. So highway pegs could lead to handlebar risers/extenders, which could lead to a custom saddle, etc., etc.

Talk about a slippery slope!

I'm 6'1" 250lbs and find the seating position to be very comfortable. Can be feet flat easily with 33 inch inseam.
    I have goe over 400kms at a stretch twice without getting off the bike without issue or discomfort. Don't see myself needing another seat in the near future.

6'4" tall but only a 32" inseam so i'm long torso.I also go about 375 lbs so I have a large frame and backside.I like the width and feel comfortable with the firmness of the stock seat.I would like to be back another inch or two to extend my legs out a little to the pegs.I came off a Roadstar with a Ultimate seat with backreat and I do miss the feel of a backrest that made me seat more upright.I'm on a long wieght loss quest as I have dropped 50lbs since the first of the year and have a goal to hit 250-260 in another year or so.I will see how I feel then and will look into another seat or backrest at that time.