Taller windscreen
CycleMax
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Taller windscreen

  1. #1
    Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    692

    Taller windscreen

    I love the profile of the lower windscreen but want one that is tinted and a little taller. Do you guys think the Cee Bailey 9 inch windscreesn will make any difference from the stock one as far as buffering? I'm 6'3 so I know I'm going to get knocked around a bit by wind anyway. If the 9 inch won't make a difference I'll just get the stock 6 inch tinted. Any opinions?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    445
    I'm 5"11" and have the CB 13", at speed the wind barely hits the top of my helmet. I see over it by at least 4". Not sure if that helps...

  3. #3
    Senior Member jkelley's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Western, NC
    Posts
    590
    I'm over 6" and run the 15" Cee Bailies with no issues. At 6'3" you would need the 17" I would think?

  4. #4
    Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    692
    Thanks guys. I know a lot taller windscreen is what I would need to be fully protected from the wind. My question is will the 9 inch make any difference at all over the 6inch? I don't want to go taller than 9 because for me I don't like the look. I'm either going to order a 9inch tinted or if you guys don't think it will make a difference in wind buffering at all I will just save my money and get the stock one tinted.

  5. #5
    Moderator Hornblower's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Clemmons, NC
    Posts
    2,122
    Quote Originally Posted by chipmaker View Post
    I'm 5"11" and have the CB 13", at speed the wind barely hits the top of my helmet. I see over it by at least 4". Not sure if that helps...
    This is encouraging news since my CB 13" with vent is arriving via UPS later today. With my height of 5'10", I should think this choice will be about right. I'll know soon enough.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    445
    Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post
    Thanks guys. I know a lot taller windscreen is what I would need to be fully protected from the wind. My question is will the 9 inch make any difference at all over the 6inch? I don't want to go taller than 9 because for me I don't like the look. I'm either going to order a 9inch tinted or if you guys don't think it will make a difference in wind buffering at all I will just save my money and get the stock one tinted.
    When I first got the bike, I didn't want to do any mods that would ruin the looks. But the wind at 75+mph is brutal for all day riding. I can't imagine that 3 more inches would make much difference. Some ladies may disagree...

  7. #7
    Senior Member Mrf13's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    West Monroe, La.
    Posts
    125
    I agree with you Giddyup
    I like the looks of the stock windshield and its very effective for me. I'm 6' and the wind hits me from my mouth up.
    I replaced it with 11" Baggershield and in the lowest position it's about as good as the stock. All the way up it barely hits the top of my head.
    Just ordered 9" Cee Bailey.
    The Baggershield looks like its Angled different than stock and the Cee Bailey looks like its shaped-angled like the stocker.
    If it doesn't work I will get the stock tinted for summer riding.

  8. #8
    Supporting Vendor Pedro66's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    447
    You can fit any of the stock GL1800 screens to our system we also have a new version without the electrical adjustment

    http://www.bikemp3.com/GL1800-ELECTR...GW-XSC-001.htm

    These screens are all but indestructible we always say the last screen you will ever need to buy, see the last video.
    Pete
    BikeMP3

    http://WWW.BIKEMP3.COM

    "What is now proved was once only imagined."
    William Blake

  9. #9
    Senior Member Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    107
    I just ordered a nice windshield. http://wingstuff.com/products/35122-...ccessories-f6b
    I am 6' and the stock shield looks nice BUT not much help. When my wife and I ride. My helmet moves side to side when I hit about at 65-70mph. Real tough to handle.
    But I like the look of a shorter shiels. So when this shield came out, BAM! I had to have it. Its the happy medium. 4" wider and 5-6 inches taller. Sure hope the wind vortex stops.

  10. #10
    Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    692
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrf13 View Post
    I agree with you Giddyup
    I like the looks of the stock windshield and its very effective for me. I'm 6' and the wind hits me from my mouth up.
    I replaced it with 11" Baggershield and in the lowest position it's about as good as the stock. All the way up it barely hits the top of my head.
    Just ordered 9" Cee Bailey.
    The Baggershield looks like its Angled different than stock and the Cee Bailey looks like its shaped-angled like the stocker.
    If it doesn't work I will get the stock tinted for summer riding.
    So why are you switching out from the 11 inch baggershield? It seems to have a great look and is 5 inches taller than the stock. It doesn't look as nice to me as the 9inch Cee B but its still sharp looking and if its functional why go shorter? I don't mind the look of the baggershield and if it has good wind protection that might be the one BUT if it isn't any better than the 9 inch Cee B than that one hands down for me wins in the styling department!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •