Not many exhaust options for us right now......
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not many exhaust options for us right now......

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar

Not many exhaust options for us right now......

I love the Vance & Hines LOOK and the SOUND is incredible but only come in chrome no other finish and almost $900!!! If it came in black they would be on the way to my garage already.

Torq Masters look pretty good, sound decent, and a little cheaper than the V&H but I don't want any down time sending my shields to them for plating in black (how much to do this)? I read they can make them quitter or louder depending on personal preference?

Not sure I like the look of the new Cobra's although the more I have looked at them the more they are growing on me. They are a little quiet from I understand and if you get them in black you are on your own for getting the front shield coated. Don't really like the styling of the other Cobra pipes for this bike.

Rush exhaust doesn't really have the aggressive tone I like.

Are there any other options?

I will most likely have to wait until winter so I can send the shields away with no down time to get the all black look.........any opinions would be helpful. Thanks......Giddy

From what I know about the Torq Masters is the black pipes will come with black shields then when you remove your chrome ones you send them back
    to Torq Masters for the credit.

send the shields away with no down time to get the all black
    One way to avoid down time is to buy another set of chrome heat shields to send out for the black treatment (Powder coating?). Honda must want a lot of $ for heat shields, so check eBay and M/C dismantlers. Find out if the F6B heat shield are the same as those on gen-one GW's

They do get louder after a few hundred miles and I wanted to be able to hear my radio and be a good neighbor.
    I've read some good things about Rush. The quote above is from V-Twin forum. Being able to choose and change baffles is good.

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post
    I love the Vance & Hines LOOK and the SOUND is incredible but only come in chrome no other finish and almost $900!!! If it came in black they would be on the way to my garage already.

Torq Masters look pretty good, sound decent, and a little cheaper than the V&H but I don't want any down time sending my shields to them for plating in black (how much to do this)? I read they can make them quitter or louder depending on personal preference?

Not sure I like the look of the new Cobra's although the more I have looked at them the more they are growing on me. They are a little quiet from I understand and if you get them in black you are on your own for getting the front shield coated. Don't really like the styling of the other Cobra pipes for this bike.

I will most likely have to wait until winter so I can send the shields away with no down time to get the all black look.........any opinions would be helpful. Thanks......Giddy
    My local coating guy matched our Rush pipes in 24 hours
    Pete
    BikeMP3

http://WWW.BIKEMP3.COM

"What is now proved was once only imagined."
    William Blake

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post

My exact sentiments! Have you come to a decision on which way to go yet?

It appears that there are several pretty good alternatives out there with more probably to come. One thing I haven't seen are any weight comparisons with the stock pipes. Haven't seen any dyno runs or anything relating to power from the manufacturers either. I recall, from when I was first equiping my Valkyrie, that one of the very major aftermarket pipes had a significant power penalty to accompany the loud sound. Anyone here "in the know" on any of this? Would be good info. to share.

Ordered my Daytona Torq Masters slip ons yesterday.Jimmy at Torq Master is very helpful and spent the time explaining everything to me about the pipes.He has front shields so when you order the black pearl chrome color (like I did) it comes with the black shields and he sends a shipping label to return your chrome ones.Jimmy charges a core charge for the shields so you must return your chrome ones to get your core charge money back.He told me 7-10 days to black coat the pipes then he will ship them out to me.They come with quiet baffles also if they are to loud for you.

I had a local shop ceramic coat my chrome rush pipes and heat shields, but rush offers black or chrome. Sound is much stronger than v&h.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Honda dealer has black and chrome Torq Master pipes in stock for immediate purchase. I am surprised they are not more readily available at dealers around the country. I stayed with chrome on my red F6B but he had black pipes installed on showroom floor bikes for sale and they looked really nice. I have probably a thousand miles on mine now and really like the sound. Just mellow enough to hear but not too loud to drown out the radio at 75-80 mph.

image.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Texas TC View Post
    My Honda dealer has black and chrome Torq Master pipes in stock for immediate purchase. I am surprised they are not more readily available at dealers around the country. I stayed with chrome on my red F6B but he had black pipes installed on showroom floor bikes for sale and they looked really nice. I have probably a thousand miles on mine now and really like the sound. Just mellow enough to hear but not too loud to drown out the radio at 75-80 mph.

Attachment 745

I told Jimmy at Torq Masters I want my pipes to stick out the back.Texas TC your pipes stick out did you ask them to be that way or is that the way they came?