How tall are you? Are you comfortable in the factory saddle??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How tall are you? Are you comfortable in the factory saddle??

How tall are you? Are you comfortable in the factory saddle??

I am 6' tall and of a average build. I recently installed highway pegs on the crash bars but still find that i am not perfectly comfortable for the long haul. When i ride with my feet on the factory pegs they feel like they are somewhat behind me, when i stretch out to the highway bars i feel like i need some back support to relax against. I can say that i love this bike and i am prepping for some long hauls, i feel like something is missing or just not right though still. How tall are you? Are you comfortable without feeling like your holding your legs on your highway pegs?

When i ride with my feet on the factory pegs they feel like they are somewhat behind me
    1-degree, the F6B position bends your knees at an 89 degree angle. This is considered normal position on a "standard". Compare this to H-D Road King that has a 96 degree knee angle, or the V- Rod at 130 degrees (feet forward). The Yamaha R1 sport bike angle is 71-degrees. What bike were you previously riding? BTW, I'm 5'11", the F6B footpeg position works fine for me, no plans for highway pegs, not needed.
    For a model-to-model comparison, go to www.cycle-ergo.com

I'm 6'1", and I did feel a bit cramped on the bike. Which is why I got a seat made by Rick Mayer - which sits me higher and further back. Now it's much better, and depending on my mood I can "tuck forward" for more of a sport bike feel or sit in a more relaxed upright position.

I'm 6' and the pegs are a bit high for me in relation to the seat.

The seat is very comfortable and the reach to the bars is perfect.

Yeahoo,

Thanks for the site link, this is interesting and informative. My last bike was a M109R and according to the site had a 120* knee angle. This might be part of why i am having a hard time adjusting. Thanks

Maybe you need a backrest ??

I would try a backrest to go along with the highway pegs. I agree the F6B is 'standard' seat and peg positions. For me its the most comfortable position for seating and pegs. I've had feet forward and slight rearward pegs on sportier bikes. My height is 5' 8" with a 30" inseam. Everyone's comfort and fit are different, you gotta find what fits you.
    Good luck.

Yeahoo,

Thanks for the site link, this is interesting and informative.
    My pleasure! Just passing it on, I first heard about the site from the characters over on the Wildgoose Chase Moto Guzzi forum.

I really like that Cycle Ergo site, I play in there every now and then..
    Please don't spook the road-sheep.

I'm 6'4 ... and I sit comfortable on the bike as is ... I don't get all of these complaints about this and and that ... I have the highway pegs on as well and I look and feel GOOD while riding ... smh!!!

I'm pretty happy with the ergos so far

I've not done more than 200 miles in one stretch yet, so the jury is still out for me. The saddle seems fine so far. I came off a Roadstar with a Mustang saddle, and the support on this is just as good. It's a tad more firm, but I believe that's probably a good thing - a saddle that crushes or sags down over a long haul becomes miserable.

The peg and bar position seem just about ideal for me (I'm 6' tall). I'd like some highway pegs or boards, only because on a long enough ride it just feels good to have somewhere else to put my feet. I do think that highway pegs will probably make the reach to the bars seem awkward, though. So highway pegs could lead to handlebar risers/extenders, which could lead to a custom saddle, etc., etc.

Talk about a slippery slope!