Taller windscreen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taller windscreen

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar

Taller windscreen

I love the profile of the lower windscreen but want one that is tinted and a little taller. Do you guys think the Cee Bailey 9 inch windscreesn will make any difference from the stock one as far as buffering? I'm 6'3 so I know I'm going to get knocked around a bit by wind anyway. If the 9 inch won't make a difference I'll just get the stock 6 inch tinted. Any opinions?

I'm 5"11" and have the CB 13", at speed the wind barely hits the top of my helmet. I see over it by at least 4". Not sure if that helps...

I'm over 6" and run the 15" Cee Bailies with no issues. At 6'3" you would need the 17" I would think?

Thanks guys. I know a lot taller windscreen is what I would need to be fully protected from the wind. My question is will the 9 inch make any difference at all over the 6inch? I don't want to go taller than 9 because for me I don't like the look. I'm either going to order a 9inch tinted or if you guys don't think it will make a difference in wind buffering at all I will just save my money and get the stock one tinted.

Quote Originally Posted by chipmaker View Post
    I'm 5"11" and have the CB 13", at speed the wind barely hits the top of my helmet. I see over it by at least 4". Not sure if that helps...
    This is encouraging news since my CB 13" with vent is arriving via UPS later today. With my height of 5'10", I should think this choice will be about right. I'll know soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post
    Thanks guys. I know a lot taller windscreen is what I would need to be fully protected from the wind. My question is will the 9 inch make any difference at all over the 6inch? I don't want to go taller than 9 because for me I don't like the look. I'm either going to order a 9inch tinted or if you guys don't think it will make a difference in wind buffering at all I will just save my money and get the stock one tinted.
    When I first got the bike, I didn't want to do any mods that would ruin the looks. But the wind at 75+mph is brutal for all day riding. I can't imagine that 3 more inches would make much difference. Some ladies may disagree...

I agree with you Giddyup
    I like the looks of the stock windshield and its very effective for me. I'm 6' and the wind hits me from my mouth up.
    I replaced it with 11" Baggershield and in the lowest position it's about as good as the stock. All the way up it barely hits the top of my head.
    Just ordered 9" Cee Bailey.
    The Baggershield looks like its Angled different than stock and the Cee Bailey looks like its shaped-angled like the stocker.
    If it doesn't work I will get the stock tinted for summer riding.

You can fit any of the stock GL1800 screens to our system we also have a new version without the electrical adjustment

http://www.bikemp3.com/GL1800-ELECTR...GW-XSC-001.htm

These screens are all but indestructible we always say the last screen you will ever need to buy, see the last video.
    Pete
    BikeMP3

http://WWW.BIKEMP3.COM

"What is now proved was once only imagined."
    William Blake

I just ordered a nice windshield. http://wingstuff.com/products/35122-...ccessories-f6b
    I am 6' and the stock shield looks nice BUT not much help. When my wife and I ride. My helmet moves side to side when I hit about at 65-70mph. Real tough to handle.
    But I like the look of a shorter shiels. So when this shield came out, BAM! I had to have it. Its the happy medium. 4" wider and 5-6 inches taller. Sure hope the wind vortex stops.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrf13 View Post
    I agree with you Giddyup
    I like the looks of the stock windshield and its very effective for me. I'm 6' and the wind hits me from my mouth up.
    I replaced it with 11" Baggershield and in the lowest position it's about as good as the stock. All the way up it barely hits the top of my head.
    Just ordered 9" Cee Bailey.
    The Baggershield looks like its Angled different than stock and the Cee Bailey looks like its shaped-angled like the stocker.
    If it doesn't work I will get the stock tinted for summer riding.
    So why are you switching out from the 11 inch baggershield? It seems to have a great look and is 5 inches taller than the stock. It doesn't look as nice to me as the 9inch Cee B but its still sharp looking and if its functional why go shorter? I don't mind the look of the baggershield and if it has good wind protection that might be the one BUT if it isn't any better than the 9 inch Cee B than that one hands down for me wins in the styling department!