2015 F6B has cruise control option. What about us? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2015 F6B has cruise control option. What about us?

2015 has a new exhaust as well

according to :http://powersports.honda.com/Model/2...ns/cruise.aspx

along with cruise...

New Exhaust System
    Baggers have a little attitude—and the F6B sets plenty of records in that department. But for 2015 it has a little more audio attitude too, thanks to new exhaust internals that give it a throatier, meaner sound.

still keeping mine, cruise is not a big deal for me, as long as there is gocruise and throttle locks.

Quote Originally Posted by Spankyrir View Post
    according to :http://powersports.honda.com/Model/2...ns/cruise.aspx

along with cruise...

New Exhaust System
    Baggers have a little attitude—and the F6B sets plenty of records in that department. But for 2015 it has a little more audio attitude too, thanks to new exhaust internals that give it a throatier, meaner sound.

still keeping mine, cruise is not a big deal for me, as long as there is gocruise and throttle locks.
    talked to tony at --------,it looks like we can adapt the new cruise button to our bikes when we install the --------...just saw the picture yesterday...problem solved..
    btw,this was my only complaint about the bike(well i'm not happy about resale but i guess we can live with that!)

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe187 View Post
    talked to tony at --------,it looks like we can adapt the new cruise button to our bikes when we install the --------...just saw the picture yesterday...problem solved..
    btw,this was my only complaint about the bike(well i'm not happy about resale but i guess we can live with that!)
    I wonder if it will be possible to make the buttons function according to the labels if one used a -------- with the Honda buttons. Notice the -------- has set/acc and res/dec buttons, but the Honda has res/acc and set/dec buttons.

If it can't be fixed, it's probably not a big deal once you're used to the buttons being labeled wrong.

The Rostra cruise has buttons with the same function as the Honda, so it might be a better option for those who can handle a more difficult installation.

Quote Originally Posted by CheesyRider View Post
    I wonder if it will be possible to make the buttons function according to the labels if one used a -------- with the Honda buttons. Notice the -------- has set/acc and res/dec buttons, but the Honda has res/acc and set/dec buttons.

If it can't be fixed, it's probably not a big deal once you're used to the buttons being labeled wrong.

The Rostra cruise has buttons with the same function as the Honda, so it might be a better option for those who can handle a more difficult installation.
    he said its a non issue...will work and they will have it figured out by the tim the switch is available

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe187 View Post
    he said its a non issue...will work and they will have it figured out by the tim the switch is available
    That's great news! I'm looking forward to finding out the installation details when the Honda switchgear becomes available.

cruise

plans are to buy a 2015 Matte Gray....the cruise was must have for me, but bummed ABS and reverse are not included. Not uncommon for me to have an 800-1000 mile day. The British version has all 3. I suppose Honda knows Americans often will bite the bullet and buy the latest/greatest version available. (i.e. iPhone)

I'm considering the 2015 Deluxe, in Matte Grey as well; i want cruise too. Though there are some good deals on 2013 and 2014 models. Would just need to and --------.

Gee - It's the never ending story . Next year model will have cruise control , but 2016 might come with electric shield . What about 2017 , where transmission can get 6th gear ? It is also possible , that following models will be completely redesigned too . Is the annual trading the proper answer , or we have to live with initial choice ? I can't answer this question ...

Limoles...you may be on to something. If the F6B model continues in the Honda line up, I could see Honda adding accessories a little at a time. Mmmmm....now I may need to reconsider a 2015 model and go for a 2013 or 2014 with the nice discounts being offered. Or, maybe I just keep my 2005 ST1300PA and add cruise.

Quote Originally Posted by carpdm View Post
    Limoles...you may be on to something. If the F6B model continues in the Honda line up, I could see Honda adding accessories a little at a time. Mmmmm....now I may need to reconsider a 2015 model and go for a 2013 or 2014 with the nice discounts being offered. Or, maybe I just keep my 2005 ST1300PA and add cruise.
    Most of us adding accessories to beautify our toys and highlight unique personality into beloved machine . What bother me the most , is horrendeus market value depreciation . 2015 Deluxe model w/cruise is priced $22K . I've seen already new '13th & '14th SOLD around 13- $14K . Even "Signature" w/desired combination of colors is $15K . So, that difference in price makes people thinking twice . O , by the way - you talking BMW ? Is no other bike , which is loosing its value faster , not even mention the price of parts & services.
    I had them already , incl. latest K1200LT with all bells and whistles . When K1600GT amazed me much , I was ready to spend $30K , but took cold shower and stopped dreaming to have "Ultimate Machine". Now and after 2 years , you can get slightly used for 16 - $17K . Well , everyone will adjust desire to the wallet . That's the way , how life goes on .. Still - cruise is THE MUST BE option !!!