2015 F6B has cruise control option. What about us? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2015 F6B has cruise control option. What about us?

If you don't want to go through all the expense and bother, I have the Omni Cruise and it works like a charm, never fails. This has the tightening screw for a secure fit, no traveling.

http://www.omni-cruise.com/omni-cruise-1/

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    I find it rather amazing and amusing that folks knowingly buy a motorcycle and in advance of the purchase they know exactly what the machine has and doesn't have in regards to standard accessories. IMHO Honda did a remarkable job of accurately describing the differences between the 2013/2014 Basic/Delux Models. Knowing that the "American Edition" had neither cruise, ABS, reverse or even a tool kit was rather clear in all brochures and other media data Honda provided. With all that information in hand, prior to a purchase, why would anyone in their "right mind" buy a bike only to complain of what it didn't offer and complain about it for the duration of "ownership" I'm guessing that ones "infatuation" with the "looks" and "style" of the F6B overcame any logical reasons that should have prevailed before making a major/expensive purchase. Now that the 2015 are here with the much wanted "cruise" one can remedy their self proclaimed mistake and trade their "ill equipped" 6 on the "newest model". You can almost surely bet that after the purchase of a 15 American version the complaint will be the lack of ABS. That said, I beginning to think that the purchase of a "full blown Wing" would have been the right thing for folks wanting "it all". The GL1800 with the surgically removed trunk seems like the more logical purchase. Honda made the F6B available because of "customer want" at a "price break" folks could afford. It all comes down to purchasing a Yugo or Tata and wanting all the "bells and whistles" of a BMW or Caddy...."you get what you pay for"
    Good write-up my friend....Those who are always "whining" about no cruise control or ABS knew full well in advance what they were buying...I get a little tired of the same old issues on these options...Ride what you have, enjoy it, be thankful you can ride, and move on!!!

If you "little tired" , just take a nap and relax - will help . Let others express their feelings .

Whinge whinge whinge whinge ????
    I ride a motorcycle ???
    A Motorcycle ???
    Come from a time where the only accessory yah had on a bike was a couple of Occy straps to hold on yah sausage army bag and when yah got real trendy a Cassette recorder or a $2 radio in yah pocket
    Yeah and yah buy a vehicle and it depreciates, yeah that's never happened before ???
    Yah ride a motorcycle
    Yeah load it up with stuff, or don't but don't whinge and wine
    Oh and throttle locks work, are cheap, don't break down and yah only need a screwdriver to fit em.

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    If you "little tired" , just take a nap and relax - will help . Let others express their feelings .
    I don't need a nap my friend, but how many times can a person post the same old issue about the lack of cruise on the 2013/14 models on the F6B..Anyone looking for this bike should have known in advance that it came with no cruise control and what good does it do to keep beating up on Honda because they made the original choice....Perhaps it should have been available but the "chicken left the coop" a few years back....Ride safe......

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    If you don't want to go through all the expense and bother, I have the Omni Cruise and it works like a charm, never fails. This has the tightening screw for a secure fit, no traveling.

http://www.omni-cruise.com/omni-cruise-1/
    Like the Omni Cruise, the Go Cruise uses the identical "friction principle" of easily controlling the throttle. Had OEM cruise on my Royal Star Tour Delux and rarely used it. The simplicity and reasonable cost of the Omin and Go Cruise is a "no brainer". Something to relax your throttle hand without fuss and ado I added silicon o-rings to each side of the Go Cruise which enhanced it performance and removed any "lateral movement". Works great! A pic for clarity

100_0799.jpg