2015 F6B has cruise control option. What about us?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2015 F6B has cruise control option. What about us?

2015 F6B has cruise control option. What about us?

I have been saving for the AUS. Cruise Control. Total cost installed approx. $1500.00. Now I find out Honda is now adding Cruise Control as an Option. I feel strongly that Honda should offer a discounted cost to retrofit our F6B's. They have not released a price point for the 2015 models. What do you think?...... Fatrboy, Red '13

The cost of cruise control will be the cost of the 2015 f6b !

Quote Originally Posted by fatrboy View Post
    I feel strongly that Honda should offer a discounted cost to retrofit our F6B's. They have not released a price point for the 2015 models. What do you think?...... Fatrboy, Red '13
    Honda won't be offering any kind of accessory retrofit cruise for previous F6B's.
    There are too many parts that would need replacing and it would be ridiculously expensive.

Yeah, it's not gonna happen. This kind of stuff happens all the time with "new" models of anything. We bought our bikes without cruise. I knew that Honda would most likely add cruise if they were to keep the model alive. There are options for cruise. Sadly , I can't see those options increasing now that Honda has implemented cruise on the 2015 models. Now an aftermarket company would have to design one with the knowledge that there are only 2 years worth of F6Bs to market to. Wouldn't seem to be a wise business choice.

There are options to add cruise. Rostra and the --------. That'll probably be all for anyone who wants electronic cruise.IMHO

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    /\ /\ /\ Agree 100%.

Live with what you got, buy aftermarket, or trade for a 2015 are the only choices I see....Honda will not offer any retro-fit options and I'm pretty sure you can take that "to the bank"....

Cruise

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Live with what you got, buy aftermarket, or trade for a 2015 are the only choices I see....Honda will not offer any retro-fit options and I'm pretty sure you can take that "to the bank"....
    Seems all we can do is buy a MC cruise and that is probably less than a new bike
    even with the install at 500 from one of the installers on the list.
    Shortleg[Dave]

MC Cruise

Hi Everyone,

I have been following the F6B now for about 3 months and really am amazed at how nice this bike is. I am bouncing back and forth between the 2014 Deluxe and the 2015 model. I have not seen a price yet on the 15's so have not made any decisions yet. I really would like the cruise control and have looked into having the MC Cruise installed. I was quoted a total price of $1350 by one on the Ca. dealers on the MC Cruise website. They dealer did admit they have never done the F6B model and said they are allowing about 6 hrs and if it goes beyond that they would not charge any more. I have not spoken to any other dealer about install cost so not sure if this is in line or not.

Does anyone else not if this is a fair number?

If a dealer is willing to install that seems to be a fair estimate.

Seems fair to me.... The jump to a 15, still not enough information..... one thing to keep in mind is that your bike will never be worth more than it is today
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com