Helmet Cam Footage of a Fatal Impact
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Helmet Cam Footage of a Fatal Impact

Helmet Cam Footage of a Fatal Impact

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq2xStb0R-c#t=190

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-...ash/25482.html

The deceased rider was doing 97 in a 60. The driver of the car making the turn was convicted of careless driving.

Car driver had a crappy lawyer.

My wife had a similar wreck a few days ago, she was hit by a Jeep Wrangler (modified) and totaled our CRV Honda (car). She just didn't see the oncoming speeding Jeep who was in the fast lane hiddon by median trees and shrubs. There were quite a few factors that the oncoming driver did wrong. It may go to court so I cant say much about it. But headlights and proper speed on a motorcycle are your friend. Accidents happen, we have to do our best to prevent ourselves from becoming a statistic.

I also ride with a Gopro to and from work on the bike. You should see some of the videos ! Had a car head on into me in my lane yesterday morning, she was texting ! I had to ride in the bicycle lane and blow the horn and yell. Her eyes went blown up into basketballs when she seen me finally.
    ED209 says RED is faster, you have 20 seconds to comply !

Moving and sad. Ride safe everyone, ride at speeds that you can find a way out. And never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

^^^^^^^ +1

In FLA. not sure the car driver would have been charge..... possibly for improper turn, but the bike going 37 mph over the speed limit would relieved the car driver of most liability ,,,,, just sayin
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Learn...

and Live.

R.I.P., David.
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

The video is quite moving, and I think the family is clearly trying to put a message out to both cars and motorcyclists. That being said I also find it really hard to fault the car in this, a motorcycle going 60 and a motorcycle going almost 100 get to the same location in a very different amount of time, and with a single headlight it is awfully hard to judge that speed from far enough away to matter.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Proven fact that it's hard enough to 'be seen' on a MC at any speed. Add the visibility factor to an object travelling way, way beyond anyone's anticipated speed,,, Well,,, it's pretty much just a matter of time,,,

In this case, I feel empathy for the car driver,,, Pretty sure they never saw that 97 mph bullet headed there way, but they still have to live with it,,,

Sad that Davids parents have to live it,,,, No too sad for David. His 'need for speed' is what got him where he's at today.

So I guess the message is 2 fold,,,, Don't ride on public roads like an idiot, and always expect an idiot when driving on public roads,,,

So Sad

I agree with that level of speed is sadly reckless IMUO..rode a lot in the 70's when people were not accustomed to bikes..not enough of us. Stay alive by being laser focused, & assume all of them will turn into you.

I agree that the car driver should not have been faulted, much less convicted of anything but I'm assuming the driver saw the rider and misjudged it's speed. For all I know the driver could have admitted to not looking or something.

There are many people on the road who have never ridden a bike, and even if they had, it's still difficult to estimate a bike's speed. I have to remind myself often of this.

It's interesting to think that this poor guy had over 20 years of experience on bike's.