Skully Helmets .... interesting
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skully Helmets .... interesting

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

Skully Helmets .... interesting

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Yes, interesting, but man, that's a lot going on inside that helmet
    Ken (Hornblower)

GPS in a helmet sounds interesting. The rear view camera looks distracting. At $1499 MSRP it's way more than I'm willing to pay for a helmet.

I will be glad to test one out for them.

All considered, I'm a fairly "geeky" guy but I will first look for comfort before considering some of these hi-tech features. For example, if you've ever had a helmet that didn't ventilate well in hot weather, no amount of tech features would justify it. And, if the fit isn't comfortable enough for all day riding, forget it in that case too. What if the helmet is extra heavy? That doesn't work well either. Maybe this new lid meets all those requirements but somehow, I'm betting it doesn't.
    Ken (Hornblower)

comfort is most important

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    All considered, I'm a fairly "geeky" guy but I will first look for comfort before considering some of these hi-tech features. For example, if you've ever had a helmet that didn't ventilate well in hot weather, no amount of tech features would justify it. And, if the fit isn't comfortable enough for all day riding, forget it in that case too. What if the helmet is extra heavy? That doesn't work well either. Maybe this new lid meets all those requirements but somehow, I'm betting it doesn't.
    Yes, if it is not comfortable $1400 is a lot to have sitting in a closet. Without trying one first I won't be jumping to a SKULLY. Neat technology ideas though. I did offer to test it.

I have a brand new modular helmet. Yes it is a cheaper model but it felt good in the store. After about an hour riding it is painful right in the center of my forehead. So there it sits, collecting dust. I let a friend use it and it felt the same way for him.
    The bottom line is if it is uncomfortable I won't use it. Period!
    I paid what I consider a boatload of money for my SHOEI Neotek (around $600). But I can wear it on the hottest or coldest days and it's comfortable.

This helmet is supposed to fit like a Shoei 1200, it hat helps for size....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I could save my $$$ for a helmet like this, but...

Not without a chance to test it for comfort and general utility first.

If the technology is well integrated and intuitive enough, it could be a nice safety feature to have.

If this thing is at all successful in the marketplace, you will quickly see similar offerings from most of the major lid makers, most likely at better prices as time goes by.

I think you've already said it -- even momentary comfort in a brick and mortar tells you very little. It's only when you wear a helmet for a prolonged length of time that you can tell if it's truly comfortable... and by then of course it's too late to return.

I lucked out with my second helmet upon returning to motorcycling (A Roof RO10/Lemans.) Since then, I've been through four others and none have been quite right. I'm about to spend $95 for a new shield for the roof, repaint it, and let it be for awhile.

NOT FOR ME BUD!

There is ENOUGH going on all around me when I am on a bike, I sure don't need all those other distractions.