On bike Communication Help...please!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On bike Communication Help...please!!

On bike Communication Help...please!!

I just bought an F6B less than 2 weeks ago. Let me say... I love this bike so far. I also own a Honda Fury and love it for different reasons. My girlfriend and I are thinking about a weekend trip on the F6B and up to this point we have no communication device in place. I know my bike has a jack up front to plug into. I just want to know what works best with the bike and what might my best option be. I am very new when it comes to being able to communicate with my passenger without simply turning my head and yelling If anyone could please help with tips, tricks, pointers, suggestions...etc.
    Thanks in advance

U clear!

Uclear bluetooth communicators, really work great. Easy to install no drilling or sticky tape and small. Google them you wont be disapointed.

Some important tips on passenger to driver comms.

1. Will you like to be tethered to the bike with a cord? (mine hated it)
    2. Besides talking to each other will you be listening to music thru helmet headsets too? (if so do you like the same music)
    3. if you choose bluetooth how long will the battery last when playing music full-time?
    4. Do you ride with other riders and what do they use if you want to communicate with them?
    5. Will the headsets no matter which type fit properly in your helmet?

This is not a cheap investment no matter which way you go. In the end, we decided to remove our cables and the wife listens to her iPod or Pandora through her phone or she listens to music from the front speakers. When she needs something or wants to say something she simply leans forwards and tells me.

Hope this helps.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Sena

I use the Sena Bluetooth modules. These can be used for on bike communication or communication between bikes. It can be used to pair with cell phones as well. They are not cheap, but work very well. Here is a link to the units that I have from one of our sponsors:

http://wingstuff.com/products/34519-...t?context=sena

Scottydi

http://www.sierra-mc.com/proddetail....d=JM-HSPT-GL18

http://www.edsets.com/3G_headsets

I use the Scala Rider.....lots of options as well....Try Cycle Gear in your area and then look to our Vendors for better prices....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I've got UCLEAR sitting in the back room

I've got 2 UCLEAR units sitting in my back room. They did seem to work great...until it rained. The first units were returned with no problem.
    Second units also stopped working when used during a rain storm. Once they dry out they do work again. It was pointed out to me by the Clerk at Cycle Gear that the small print says water resistant, NOT water proof. They sold me the sets. I guess they don't think people with touring bikes ride in the rain. So I've got 2 working units in their boxes sitting in the back room waiting for a friend that rides only on non-rainy days.
    I went with scala rider Q3 waterproof bluetooth comunicators. Haven't figured out how to use all the functions yet but I had sweetie in my ear all the way to the Franklin Rally this year from CT. And also riding the tale of the Dragon when we got to the Rally. They worked really well. Actually Sweetie got real quiet while we were on "The Dragon", only an occaisional "gasp". Have not given them the RAIN test yet. Had clouds but no rain all the way home to CT!

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkknight View Post
    I had sweetie in my ear all the way to the Franklin Rally this year from CT.

We have the Sena's,,,

All I can say is,,,, Silence is Golden!!!

I just upgraded to the Sena 20S. Was using Motorola BTD2.
    Sena 20S is a very fine product. Good Upgrade for me and the wife.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    http://www.sierra-mc.com/proddetail....d=JM-HSPT-GL18

http://www.edsets.com/3G_headsets

I use the Scala Rider.....lost of options as well....Try Cycle Gear in your area and then look to our Vendors for better prices....
    +1 on the Scala.