ACCESSORIES TO CANADA - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ACCESSORIES TO CANADA

I'm Canadian, keep in touch as I come back to the great white north as often as I can. My family used to live in Syracuse and my aunt used to by tires off tire rack and send them to the house. she'd come down for the weekend and have them installed. amazing what we do to save a buck, or in this case, GST. now we are further south, not a bargin. If you can find a friend in the US to ship too, it would be worth a ride to come down for coffee and conversation. better yet, come down to Franklin next year, it was a swap meet for us!

Spanky.

Quote Originally Posted by Spankyrir View Post
    I'm Canadian, keep in touch as I come back to the great white north as often as I can. My family used to live in Syracuse and my aunt used to by tires off tire rack and send them to the house. she'd come down for the weekend and have them installed. amazing what we do to save a buck, or in this case, GST. now we are further south, not a bargin. If you can find a friend in the US to ship too, it would be worth a ride to come down for coffee and conversation. better yet, come down to Franklin next year, it was a swap meet for us!

Spanky.
    +1 on the auction at the rally...then the second auction when someone wants to trade for what another person received!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

There are parcel services available to Canadians. I live in Ontario so I have a parcel service in Niagara Falls. It costs nothing to set up and any on line purchases can be sent there and stored at no charge until you pick up the item. At that point there is a small flat rate charge of $5.95 per package. The only potential issue is getting it across the border and avoiding duty or taxes. If it's a bolt on item for your bike then install it yourself on the US side to avoid any problems at the border crossing.
    Because it's about an 8 hour round trip I have to look at my time and fuel costs before I order anything. Needless to say it doesn't make sense to do this with small and relatively inexpensive items.
    The service I use is: www.cbiusa.com

I ship to the UPS store in Ogdensburg NY. The cost is $5 per package. Oftentimes the CBS border agents waive the HST and duty - it's a crapshoot whether or not I will have to pay.

I recently ordered the rivco aero highway pegs, black. $390 with shipping and currency exchange, before customs & taxes which will pile on another 20%.

Back order till September 29.

It's important to note that if a product purchased from a USA source is actually made in North America (Canada, USA, Mexico) there cannot be any duty charged at the border. The NAFTA agreement eliminates duty between these countries. Duty is 6.1% on everything else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Exploring the world, one road at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by ISLANDER1089 View Post
    It's important to note that if a product purchased from a USA source is actually made in North America (Canada, USA, Mexico) there cannot be any duty charged at the border. The NAFTA agreement eliminates duty between these countries. Duty is 6.1% on everything else.
    What about the Tesla? It's made in USA and there still is the 6% tax to Canada on it.

Maybe we should just treat the Canadian border they same Obama treats the Mexican border.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluciano View Post
    What about the Tesla? It's made in USA and there still is the 6% tax to Canada on it.
    I can't explain why importing a Tesla to Canada would require any duty paid. The only thing that comes to mind is the percent of American content may be very low or there's a special situation involving electric vehicles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Exploring the world, one road at a time.