Taking Still Pictures while Riding..... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taking Still Pictures while Riding.....

I just bring along my personal photographer and she takes the pics. I learned this from Kfad at the pnw ralley .

i

I use a little cannon autofocus. It's small enough to stay in the pocket, point and shoot.http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2105460,00.asp

Just done that.

Quote Originally Posted by rumble-b View Post
    You can always take a "snapshot" out of a video. I do this all the time with ride videos. I use VLC player. It allows you to pause the video where you want and to take a snapshot of that image.
    This is a snapshot from my first try on my new helmet cam, it's Inverness Castle/Sheriff's Court.

Attachment 8586
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

Quote Originally Posted by BACA View Post
    Just got back from a trip to British Columbia and saw some AWESOME scenery. Because I'm the rider and have no passenger......has anyone figured out a way to take still (digital) pictures while riding? We went down some great roads along rivers and in canyons I would have loved to have some pictures of without stopping every mile or so.......if anyone has figured out a way I would appreciate a post!

Ride Safe!!
    There is. With the right editing software you can get nice stills from a video capture camera's hours of footage. It requires very little knowledge and a little trial and error with the application you use. Are they going to be high quality for commercial reproduction? Likely no, but if the subject matter is interesting, maybe. Definitely stills from today's high quality video will produce something that you can scrapbook, print out or share.

For the the great must have vistas for example, you really should take your time off the bike.

Pics

I do as someone has already said. I have a neck strap on a small digital camera. Just raise up my left arm and click away. I had to stop and get a larger memory card

hello,

friends of mine use a gopro mounted under the mirror.
    Can be set to film or photograph interval.
    Super quality !!

Greetings Oliver