Add the adjustable w/s
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Add the adjustable w/s

Add the adjustable w/s

Has anyone taken the time to figure how much money would be involved in buying the GW parts to make the w/s adjustable on the F6?

Quote Originally Posted by xcrider View Post
    Has anyone taken the time to figure how much money would be involved in buying the GW parts to make the w/s adjustable on the F6?
    Can that be done? I was under the belief the necessary shelter hardware cannot be applied to the F6b.

Quote Originally Posted by xcrider View Post
    I started pulling up a parts break down on both the F6B and Wing and although it can be done, it turned into a project I wasn't about to tackle when there are other options. Just too many parts that need to be swapped. I now have a Madstad Shield.

I will never understand why Honda couldn't just leave the Adj shield on the F6B.

Haven't figured that out myself. I can see originally leaving off the cruise control. But the adjustable w/s & self-cancelling turn signals??

Go electric

http://cyclemax.com/inc/sdetail/gl18...kit/120/214984

OEM parts (full wing) would probably be as much $

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post

I will never understand why Honda couldn't just leave the Adj shield on the F6B.
    Because it is an F6B. I don't think the adjustable shield would fit a Valk either and I hope there aren't folks wondering why they didn't put it on the Valk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Vondawg View Post
    http://cyclemax.com/inc/sdetail/gl18...kit/120/214984

OEM parts (full wing) would probably be as much $

If you look into the Ergomot system, beware of the fine print... It recommends the Motor be be replaced each 10.000 kilometers or at least once a year.

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Because it is an F6B. I don't think the adjustable shield would fit a Valk either and I hope there aren't folks wondering why they didn't put it on the Valk.
    My point is the Wing already had the Adj. Shield. Honda had to redesign it not to be adjustable.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    My point is the Wing already had the Adj. Shield. Honda had to redesign it not to be adjustable.
    You are being too kind to call it a windscreen/shield on the F6B. It looks like orphaned plexiglass. But it's one of the first things that drew me to the B. I love the line it creates with the front end. But after riding a couple 100 miles it was evident that the compression of the air directly on my nose and face had to be elevated. Hence I went with a shorty Baggershield. But I understand why Honda went with that short screen, they had to put wind on the rider to add that sport feel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

I used to think having an adjustable windscreen was a requirement, but once I got my Madstad dialed in I stopped caring. There is such a thing as near perfection... at least IMHO.