2015 Franklin Rally Dates & Attendees - Page 2
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Franklin Rally Dates & Attendees

2015 Rally

Count Mr. PDQ in for 2015
    If you argue with math, you will LOSE!!!!

BLACKBETTY12 will be there!
    Let it be known and let it be written, this is the best bike I've ever owned, and I ain't shittin!

Me too!

If I haven't worn out my welcome, I'd like to request a spot at the rally

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dawg View Post
    If I haven't worn out my welcome, I'd like to request a spot at the rally
    As far as I'm concerned, you are nowhere close to wearing out your welcome . In fact, the rally just wouldn't be the same without Big Dawg (and Tracy & Skip too) .
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post

Arriving Thursday September 3rd, riding on the 4th, 5th, 6th departing monday Labor day September 7th

Since the majority departed on Sunday, we may just make Sunday our departure date instead of Monday. Will decide at a later date.

One important element ....

I do not want this event to become overwhelmingly LARGE, large groups are not as much fun as the small groups. I would like to CAP the number of attendees to just 80 total, first come, first served.

80 is a good number, it's a lot of people but it is also small enough where everyone can socialize with each other.

Just curious. How many people attended this year?

Around 70..... I do believe Phantom is pulling on you leg about a set number...I am sure he just wants folks to sign up early so we can get more rooms at the hotel....and it gives us a better idea how to set up rides and eats.... There are 62 rooms at this hotel so it is limited as far as staying in one place...not sure there is a bigger hotel as well, although there are several with in 2-3 miles.... the Saturday night dinner is a biggy because we have that catered and we do not want to run out of food. There is an unbelievable amount of planning that goes into these events!!!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Any thoughts of this as part ofd a day trip...maybe tie Helen Ga into the day as well....
    I went to Helen, GA on Sunday to get an Air Hawk cushion. It took 45 minutes from edge of town to get to the motorcycle store.

Traffic entering from South side was stop and go for 3 miles!!!

Lady at store give me a route that goes around Helen and ends up in Hiawassee.Roads 17,255,197 and 76. Great senic roads.

The cushion was great but did I get hosed on the price.Did research on internet. Still shocked what the charged for it. Amazon has it listed for

$145. It cost me $229.

!COOLMC

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Around 70..... I do believe Phantom is pulling on you leg about a set number...I am sure he just wants folks to sign up early so we can get more rooms at the hotel....and it gives us a better idea how to set up rides and eats.... There are 62 rooms at this hotel so it is limited as far as staying in one place...not sure there is a bigger hotel as well, although there are several with in 2-3 miles.... the Saturday night dinner is a biggy because we have that catered and we do not want to run out of food. There is an unbelievable amount of planning that goes into these events!!!!!!
    Steve is correct, just trying to plan so that there are NO short falls. If we have a bigger turn out in 2015, Friday and Saturday may have multiple rides instead of one single ride each day like we did this year.

Quote Originally Posted by 1COOLMC View Post
    I went to Helen, GA on Sunday to get an Air Hawk cushion. It took 45 minutes from edge of town to get to the motorcycle store. The cushion was great but did I get hosed on the price.Did research on internet. Still shocked what the charged for it. Amazon has it listed for

$145. It cost me $229.

!COOLMC
    She saw that you were from Kalifournya and charged accordingly

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

I thought it was high when you told me the price...but what is your butt worth???? I betting your is very happy!!!!! ( and not red!!! )
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com