2015 Franklin Rally Dates & Attendees - Page 26
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Franklin Rally Dates & Attendees

No worries, there is a convenience store right next door for your beer purchases (walking distance). I think a group is there early enough for a group dinner. I am sure they will chime in. I think our webmaster (Phantom) usually sends all those details out. Its getting close.

I am familiar with Maggie Valley so on the way in I plan to stop by several stores in the area. There is a great micro brew out of Waynesville that has a shop there and the liquor store prices aren't that bad there either

I am hoping to get there in the early afternoon but that will all depend on if I have to meet anyone along the way and what time I get moving
    Matt Russell
    First Officer
    SCRC Chapter 189
    Orangeburg SC

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaRider View Post
    No worries, there is a convenience store right next door for your beer purchases (walking distance). I think a group is there early enough for a group dinner. I am sure they will chime in. I think our webmaster (Phantom) usually sends all those details out. Its getting close.

Thursday September 3rd ... majority arrive between 2pm and 5pm ... 5:30pm we depart for dinner at a nearby restaurant
    Friday September 4th .... depart at 8:00am SHARP towards the Dragon and the Cherahola, if it is a large group of bikes then we will split into 2 separate smaller groups. Lunch around 11:30am on the Tennessee side of the mountain, This will be the cross over point for the 2 groups. We return back to the hotel by 4:00pm. At 5:45pm we depart for the Dillard House restaurant ... arriving before the friday evening crowd. Returning back to the tent for tire kicking, enjoying a few drinks, laughs and accessory googling.
    Saturday September 5th .... 8:30am heading towards the Blue ridge parkway, Maggie Valley and grabbing a lunch (restaurant TBD), returning back to the hotel between 3-4pm. BBQ dinner under the big Tent starts around 6:30pm with door prizes, auction and awards ceremony immediately following.
    Sunday September 6th, smaller groups depart towards other local areas and we meet back at the hotel for dinner at one of the adjacent restaurants.

Monday morning .... we all head home

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post

Thursday September 3rd ... majority arrive between 2pm and 5pm ... 5:30pm we depart for dinner at a nearby restaurant
    Friday September 4th .... depart at 8:00am SHARP towards the Dragon and the Cherahola, if it is a large group of bikes then we will split into 2 separate smaller groups. Lunch around 11:30am on the Tennessee side of the mountain, This will be the cross over point for the 2 groups. We return back to the hotel by 4:00pm. At 5:45pm we depart for the Dillard House restaurant ... arriving before the friday evening crowd. Returning back to the tent for tire kicking, enjoying a few drinks, laughs and accessory googling.
    Saturday September 5th .... 8:30am heading towards the Blue ridge parkway, Maggie Valley and grabbing a lunch (restaurant TBD), returning back to the hotel between 3-4pm. BBQ dinner under the big Tent starts around 6:30pm with door prizes, auction and awards ceremony immediately following.
    Sunday September 6th, smaller groups depart towards other local areas and we meet back at the hotel for dinner at one of the adjacent restaurants.

Monday morning .... we all head home
    Dinner at the Dillard House is worth the trip by itself. I stayed there a few years ago while attending a family reunion. Not something you quickly forget. Especially the food and service.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by stepbill View Post
    Curious about those that are arriving on Thursday, what time are you shooting for on getting there? Also, is there a place nearby that we can buy beer?
    You might find this interesting:

http://lazyhikerbrewing.com/

Try their Scotch Ale...yum
    Ken (Hornblower)

Franklin Rally

Hey,

My brother has expressed an interest in joining me for the F6B rally in Franklin... We've ridden the Dragon before and he liked it. The issue is I have a '6, but he rides a Victory. Will that present a problem ?

By the way, I'm bike agnostic... I ride my F6B, a Vic CCT and a H-D FatBob...

As the saying goes, if it has two wheels, I'll ride it !!! (of course there is a corollary to that statement, but that's for anther discussion ! )

He doesn't want to join if his bike would not be accepted or cause stress / drama....

We just like to ride...

Joe

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Joe ..... Everyone is welcomed, we will have other bikes at the event including a couple of Harleys

We don't care what you ride as long as you ride.

If it spits oil and it's real loud .... we ask that you ride at the back of the line

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post

If it spits oil and it's real loud .... we ask that you ride at the back of the line

Good choices!

Quote Originally Posted by jlyon View Post
    Hey,

My brother has expressed an interest in joining me for the F6B rally in Franklin... We've ridden the Dragon before and he liked it. The issue is I have a '6, but he rides a Victory. Will that present a problem ?

By the way, I'm bike agnostic... I ride my F6B, a Vic CCT and a H-D FatBob...

As the saying goes, if it has two wheels, I'll ride it !!! (of course there is a corollary to that statement, but that's for anther discussion ! )

He doesn't want to join if his bike would not be accepted or cause stress / drama....

We just like to ride...

Joe
    Everybody there is very open minded, so no problems. BTW, I also ride black F6B and blue Vic CC! Both are great rides for different reasons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'We are all here on Earth to help others; what on Earth the others are here for I don't know.' - W. H. Auden

Cool

Could not get a room at HQ(full up) but will be staying down the street a bit. Arriving on the 3rd and looking forward to meeting everyone. Be safe. See you all there!!