New helmet??? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New helmet???

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Cycle Gear is great but the selection is very limited; much of what they advertise as carrying they have to special order... and I'm not sure if that effects the ability to return stuff.

Revzilla is the better option; they have just about everything under the sun. Order... try it on as much as you want... then return it for a FULL refund. No restock fee, no nothing except return shipping cost.
    I agree and have an account with both.... most things are no big deal...but a helmet is something I want to try on and many different brands...I was gifted with a large head and Cycle Gear will order as many as I want if they don't have it on the shelf!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    HJC IS-33? For those thinking about an IS-33, the sizing is on the tight side. Order one size larger than you normally would.
    In my experience HJC is a noisy helmit, too much air leakage past the liner and into the ear pockets and that tinted visor rattles around. Yes it's priced well, but I'd like a quieter alternative if anyone knows of one. Believe me I tried everything to reduce noise with the HJC 3/4 helmit.
    ss^,
    Ken

I think vented helmets in general will be noisy. I have a Speed & Strength 3/5 vented helmet... which is also quite noisy but the breeze inside the helmet feels good.

All my helmets are vented. I wear earplugs.
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

Give one of the Helmet Center stores a visit. There's at least two in the valley. My personal option, they stock better products than Cycle gear. They are good people and willing to take the time to make sure you get the perfect fit for your new helmet. If it doesn't fit properly it doesn't matter is you spend $50 or $1000 on a helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyWho View Post
    Give one of the Helmet Center stores a visit. There's at least two in the valley. My personal option, they stock better products than Cycle gear. They are good people and willing to take the time to make sure you get the perfect fit for your new helmet. If it doesn't fit properly it doesn't matter is you spend $50 or $1000 on a helmet.

I need to check them out, they are both across town from me, but its cooling off soon. I'm out in Queen Creek.
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

I'm really curious how the Super Seer helmets compare to the more common 1/2 and 3/4 helmets. Anyone have experience with both? How is the fit? I'm decidedly a neutral oval head shape -- closer to round than oval.

I have a new HJC helmet and just bought a Shoei... both 3/4's..The Shoei is very quiet compared to the HJC but also cost $300 more.....

Earplugs are a MUST for noisy helmets; the sound level is certainly high enough to kill your hearing.

I wear Klipsch earbuds that have a NRR of about -26dB... which is nearly the same as earplugs... listen to audio and protect your hearing at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Earplugs are a MUST for noisy helmets; the sound level is certainly high enough to kill your hearing.

I wear Klipsch earbuds that have a NRR of about -26dB... which is nearly the same as earplugs... listen to audio and protect your hearing at the same time.
    +1