New helmet??? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: New helmet???

Have a Shoei QWest and a Shoei RJ Platinum 3/4. Both fine helmets. Fit my head just right.

I'm considering the Lazer Monaco modular helmet from Revzilla.
    http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/l...kout_follow_up
    It's definitely pricey but man it's the lightest helmet they sell and includes the photochromatic transition pinlock sheild. No more sunglasses.

Has anybody purchased one of these? It also comes in fiberglass for about $350 including the sheild.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Exploring the world, one road at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by ISLANDER1089 View Post
    I'm considering the Lazer Monaco modular helmet from Revzilla.
    http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/l...kout_follow_up
    It's definitely pricey but man it's the lightest helmet they sell and includes the photochromatic transition pinlock sheild. No more sunglasses.

Has anybody purchased one of these? It also comes in fiberglass for about $350 including the sheild.
    I bought the Lazer Falcon at the beginning of the season and posted a lengthy review of it on the revzilla forum. One thing that would carry over is that the transition shield doesn't get very dark. Not dark enough for me in the the bright Colorado sun for all day riding -- that's for sure.
    Ride to work, work to ride
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

shooter
    Helmets are kinda like socks. You find some you like you go buy some more. Having said that I have 3 Shoei helmets. 1 RF1100 and 2 Neotec's. I wear them all depending on which bike I ride. The flat black Neotec when I ride the 109 , The gloss black when I ride the B and the RF1100 when I ride the 9 kinda hard. The Shoei's fit my head great. I like the Modular helmet for the versatility.

I have a Lazer glass Monaco. I really like the Transitions shield. It may not be dark enough for some but it is for me and I can wear my regular prescription glasses and don't have to keep up with my prescription sunglasses. Even the glass version is light because there is no flip down sun shield. I don't like those. Something else to scratch when retracted up in the helmet. Lightness and the shield...the two reasons to get a Monaco.

Schuberth SR-1 is the best for me!

Quote Originally Posted by chipmaker View Post
    I'm a longtime Scorpion helmet guy and a recent open face helmet guy. So look what Scorpion releases:

EXO-CT220! Drop down sun shield, visor or shield. I need to find someone that stocks them locally and try on one. I have been looking for a open face that vents good. Looks like this one might. Cheap also!
    New riding season = new helmet.
    Although it is twice as much money, the Schuberth SR-1 (http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/s...hnology-helmet) from Revzilla is comfortable, light and safe. I wear my C-3 Pro more often on the F6B because it is quieter and my 6 is really loud with unplugged Cobras and a 9" Lee Bailey shield. The SR-1 offers more protection on track days so it is a must for the KTM RC8R Akra. I justify the Schuberth as being the only way to customize my fragile old noodle. Some guys spend more on paint or performance mods but you only have one head.