Jacket and Pants - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jacket and Pants

Quote Originally Posted by F6BPDX View Post
    Note to self: do not buy any pants steve lists in the flea market.
    Almost lost my cheerios....LMAO

Bigbird, I bought the silver ones. Great airflow.

Klim and Olympia

Quote Originally Posted by d-shark View Post
    Last year I purchased a Latitude Misano jacket by Klim (this is Gorte-Tex lined). The best money I ever spent for long distance riding. After the jacket I ended up getting matching Klim pants. Klim has matching Latitude Misano pants but I ended up getting their Badlands Pro pant because it just fit my lower build better. Both pant styles match the jacket.

Last Christmas I rode from Central IL to Sarasota, FL and back with temps anywhere between 20 & 85 degrees. In July we rode 3,000 mile round trip to Strugis (anywhere from 45 to 95 degrees). On the way out we rode 3-1/2 hours in 60 degree heavy rain and my girl and I were the only ones left warm & dry in the bunch. It's hard to find a good selection of Klim locally so I recommend ordering a couple of sizes from Revzilla.com, great people to do business with.

Prior to my purchase I did research on what the real hard-core adventure riders were wearing. Number One: was a Gore-Tex outer shell (waterproof & breathable). Number Two: absolutely no cotton (cotton retains moisture making you colder in the winter and muggy in the summer). Number Three: wear a moisture wicking long sleeve & long leg base layer like Under Armour or Klim. Hot or cold this base layer will keep you warm in the cold and dry in the heat. On the Sturgis trip others could not get their boots and clothes off fast enough after a long day, I was just fine.

Also can't say enough good things about the Bates Men's Delta-9 GTX Side Zip Work Boot that I've been wearing. They are Gore-Tex lined and have been completely waterproof through multiple downpours. Wear proper moisture wicking socks and your feet will never have been so cool & dry in the summer and warm in the cold.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The Klim Jacket does not have a Liner which is a good thing in my opinion. Get it big enough to accommodate a medium weight Mid-Layer of your choice underneath and you will be fine in the cold. Despite all the zipper vents this Jacket & Pant combo is extremely air tight in the cold when all vents are zippered up. With vents open air flow is very good.

With the Jacket, Pants & Boots I just close the air intake vents when I hit a storm and open them back up when I ride out. In June I rode to VA and back through multiple storms each day in temps from 55 in a storm to 95 in sun. Others were along side the rode putting rain gear On & Off. I rode in comfort without stopping.
    Can't agree more--Klim is the best all around jacket/pant combo. I have used KTM's version as well as Olympia Motosports, but they are not quite as well made, although much less expensive.
    I ride mostly in NoCal, in temp's that vary between 58 and 90 degrees. There is always a way to make the Klim comfortable and not too restrictive.

Quote Originally Posted by DaWadd View Post
    Bigbird, I bought the silver ones. Great airflow.
    Thanks Jeff

shooter
    Joe Rocket Phoenix Mesh. Comes with a rain liner that makes you sweat. They have a breathable liner that blocks all wind and turns the mesh into a three season coat. I think the liner is made out of Dri-Plus. It's also waterproof.

Quote Originally Posted by d-shark View Post
    Last year I purchased a Latitude Misano jacket by Klim (this is Gorte-Tex lined). The best money I ever spent for long distance riding. After the jacket I ended up getting matching Klim pants. Klim has matching Latitude Misano pants but I ended up getting their Badlands Pro pant because it just fit my lower build better. Both pant styles match the jacket.

Last Christmas I rode from Central IL to Sarasota, FL and back with temps anywhere between 20 & 85 degrees. In July we rode 3,000 mile round trip to Strugis (anywhere from 45 to 95 degrees). On the way out we rode 3-1/2 hours in 60 degree heavy rain and my girl and I were the only ones left warm & dry in the bunch. It's hard to find a good selection of Klim locally so I recommend ordering a couple of sizes from Revzilla.com, great people to do business with.

Prior to my purchase I did research on what the real hard-core adventure riders were wearing. Number One: was a Gore-Tex outer shell (waterproof & breathable). Number Two: absolutely no cotton (cotton retains moisture making you colder in the winter and muggy in the summer). Number Three: wear a moisture wicking long sleeve & long leg base layer like Under Armour or Klim. Hot or cold this base layer will keep you warm in the cold and dry in the heat. On the Sturgis trip others could not get their boots and clothes off fast enough after a long day, I was just fine.

Also can't say enough good things about the Bates Men's Delta-9 GTX Side Zip Work Boot that I've been wearing. They are Gore-Tex lined and have been completely waterproof through multiple downpours. Wear proper moisture wicking socks and your feet will never have been so cool & dry in the summer and warm in the cold.

The Klim Jacket does not have a Liner which is a good thing in my opinion. Get it big enough to accommodate a medium weight Mid-Layer of your choice underneath and you will be fine in the cold. Despite all the zipper vents this Jacket & Pant combo is extremely air tight in the cold when all vents are zippered up. With vents open air flow is very good.

With the Jacket, Pants & Boots I just close the air intake vents when I hit a storm and open them back up when I ride out. In June I rode to VA and back through multiple storms each day in temps from 55 in a storm to 95 in sun. Others were along side the rode putting rain gear On & Off. I rode in comfort without stopping.
    Regarding # 3, the long sleeved and long legged base layer. Check out "LD Comfort", a favorite of the Iron Butt guys. Properly used (no mesh outer garments), it keeps me comfortable in the Sacramento Valley heat. Have used it up to 104 degrees for an extended ride. Can't vouch for it beyond that. It's also great in the cold. See www.LDComfort.com. The websie says that the shirt can be wet to make it cool better in extreme temps. This isn't really needed in most cases because sweat will be wicked away for a dry fabric against the skin and it will evaporate from the outer surface of the fabric for the cooling effect. When wet down, it's very possible to get too cold unless airflow up the sleeves is moderated. This is really a great product.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
    Regarding # 3, the long sleeved and long legged base layer. Check out "LD Comfort", a favorite of the Iron Butt guys. Properly used (no mesh outer garments), it keeps me comfortable in the Sacramento Valley heat. Have used it up to 104 degrees for an extended ride. Can't vouch for it beyond that. It's also great in the cold. See www.LDComfort.com. The websie says that the shirt can be wet to make it cool better in extreme temps. This isn't really needed in most cases because sweat will be wicked away for a dry fabric against the skin and it will evaporate from the outer surface of the fabric for the cooling effect. When wet down, it's very possible to get too cold unless airflow up the sleeves is moderated. This is really a great product.
    Thanks Bruce, I was not aware of LDComfort.