F6B Rally for those west of the Mississippi?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: F6B Rally for those west of the Mississippi?

F6B Rally for those west of the Mississippi?

Anyone interested since the Smokies may be such a long way for a weekend trip?
    I am just shooting this out there for opinions,ideas and such. I am not dishing on the rally in NC. Just thinking it might be an option since I read that the numbers will be limited to 80.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Razco53 View Post
    I am just shooting this out there for opinions,ideas and such. I am not dishing on the rally in NC. Just thinking it might be an option since I read that the numbers will be limited to 80.
    Re-read the post .. DID NOT SAY that we WILL (your word)

I posted the following ....

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    " I would like to CAP the number of attendees to just 80 total. "
    I'm ONE person, I enjoy doing these events but there is a fine line where it is fun and borderline work, I attend to have fun. We ALL had a great time these past 2 Rallies and I want to make sure that it continues to be a great experience for ALL that attend. Since that post several have volunteered to help, I will be creating a Rally committee that will make it easier to accommodate a larger group.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080

Around 70..... I do believe Phantom is pulling on you leg about a set number...I am sure he just wants folks to sign up early so we can get more rooms at the hotel....and it gives us a better idea how to set up rides and eats.... There are 62 rooms at this hotel so it is limited as far as staying in one place...not sure there is a bigger hotel as well, although there are several with in 2-3 miles.... the Saturday night dinner is a biggy because we have that catered and we do not want to run out of food. There is an unbelievable amount of planning that goes into these events!!!!!!
    Steve is correct, just trying to plan so that there are NO short falls. If we have a bigger turn out in 2015, Friday and Saturday may have multiple rides instead of one single ride each day like we did this year.
    2015 F6B Rally will be HUGE, it is evident from the comments. we are 50 weeks away, plenty of time to plan appropriately and for ALL of our members to REQUEST vacation time for this great event.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

I here Tony is going into the Motorcycle Rally business...not sure on the fees ...maybe he can do two per year!!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I here Tony is going into the Motorcycle Rally business...not sure on the fees ...maybe he can do two per year!!!!!

Next gathering ... Daytona

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

In general, I like the concept and would do both if I could but therein lies the rub: I'd like the as close to six months apart so I could do both if time and money allowed. That though is nigh on impossible because of riding seasons. For instance, we had our first snow Friday already. It didn't stick, but still. Has a traveling or alternating location been entertained? I think traveling would be awesome so we could ride all the great North American roads.

Understand, I'm very much hoping to do next years just where it is!

Next gathering ... Daytona

Sounds good Phantom, but you misspelled the location. See ya there!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dayton,_Oregon

Quote Originally Posted by F6BPDX View Post
    Sounds good Phantom, but you misspelled the location. See ya there!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dayton,_Oregon

OH NO!!!!! Way to cold out there!!!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    OH NO!!!!! Way to cold out there!!!!!!
    Sunny and 88 degrees Here in the north west corner of Or. Hasn't rained in a couple of weeks.

Sound like a fine idea to me. I'd be up for a rally west of the Mississippi.

Anyplace but Texas... Too damn big, that state is.

Now for the 15 rally, I stay at the Hampton. Not because y'all ain't a fine group of folks, but its free.30000 points and I can stay free at any Hilton property.