2015 F6B ?
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2015 F6B ?

2015 F6B ?

Hi Everyone, new member here. I am trying to do look hard all the options and competition for the F6B. I am focusing on the 2014 Deluxe and everything that I can find and read says its a great bike etc.. With that said, I was at a Honda Dealership here in Phoenix this morning and had a nice conversation with the manager. I was asking about the 2015 F6B model and when they might hit the floors. I was shocked to here him say " not really sure, possibly Jan or Feb IF they decide to bring the F6B back in 2015".

Has anyone else heard if Honda is not bringing the F6B back? This dealer said they still have 2013 models as well as 2014 models sitting in storage.

15 is a given but no doubt they are not selling in some places like we had all hoped.

Great bike, and from what you are saying possible to get a good deal on one of the storage bikes?

Depends if you are will to pay FULL PRICE for a 2015, it will have cruise but you may need to start saving $$$$$$$$ ..... as compared to a left over, 13 or 14...they are the same bike!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Not planning on the 2015, to much money I am sure. I have pricing of $17600 for a 2014 Deluxe right now from several dealers. What I am most concerned by is buying a bike that is discontinued. Oh, I am thinking of the pearl Yellow to not have to deal with the paint problems on the back and red.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry S View Post
    Not planning on the 2015, to much money I am sure. I have pricing of $17600 for a 2014 Deluxe right now from several dealers. What I am most concerned by is buying a bike that is discontinued. Oh, I am thinking of the pearl Yellow to not have to deal with the paint problems on the back and red.
    Being discontinued is not a bad thing...at some point the price of ours will go up and then at the 10 year make start to fade as well....limited production for me is a plus!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Investment....No

You buy a F6B for enjoyment not investment,,,,,some day this model im sure will be long gone but like me and many others I will have a lot of enjoyment out of it....one year 21000 miles and I don't care what I paid or what I get out of it if I ever do trade or sell it.....PRICELSS

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    IMHO, the F6B isn't going anywhere as it's too easy / cost effective to make 'em as they are basically a 2nd gen wing with parts removed. Costs Honda virtually 'nothing' to have another model in it's line up,,,

Once they discontinue the 2nd Gen Wing, brought out in 2012,,, THEN you can worry about the F6B disappearing,,,

Local dealer has 13's + a 14 on his floor. Can't seem to sell them. IMHO, more now than EVER, folks are researching prices on their toys / buying out of state. (We did) I was able to purchase a 13 in 13, painted any color I wanted, for approx 1k less than I could get an OEM colored bike locally.

HOR in AR. 'Just up the road' from Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry S View Post
    Another issue here. I know about the "paint problem", but I have NOT had any such issues with my red F6B.
    As far as yellow, why would it be any different? You think Honda did a different paint procedure for yellow?
    I did put a couple of coats of liquid glass on mine when I first got it. I use a micro fiber cloth to wipe her down with Lucas Mist. I just have not experienced any of the reported issues with the paint. No paint rubbing off, and no scratches or swirl marks. Still looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    IMHO, the F6B isn't going anywhere as it's too easy / cost effective to make 'em as they are basically a 2nd gen wing with parts removed. Costs Honda virtually 'nothing' to have another model in it's line up,,,

Once they discontinue the 2nd Gen Wing, brought out in 2012,,, THEN you can worry about the F6B disappearing,,,.
    I agree with ya Scott...with the GL1800 being the flagship of Honda's motorcycles it ain't going anywhere soon, I believe the F6B is going to be around in one form or another for quite a few years. Sure, Honda will add stuff, change a few colors or possibly little tweaks to the faring to denote year changes, but the flat six engine and Mono shock frame will prevail for a long time to come.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Unless your one of the types that has to have a "new bike" every couple of years, I would jump all over any left-over 2013/14's that a dealer is willing to part with...Great savings on a great bike and no changes on 2015 models except paint colors, black exhaust and available cruise control if you "gotta have it"...I paid a bundle for my 2013 last September compared to what they go for today..So maybe they are not selling as well as Honda would have liked, so what!!..If you like this bike go for it and enjoy the ride..Who cares if it is not available in 2016 or later..this happens a lot with bikes and I personally would not give it a second thought.....Many things lose value a few months after purchase....seems to be the American way!!!