2015 F6B ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2015 F6B ?

"As far as yellow, why would it be any different? You think Honda did a different paint procedure for yellow?"

Pretty sure the yellow bikes are clear coated like all similar colors on the full Wing. It looked to be clear coated on the one I saw in person. The black and red versions are not clear coated. Having said that, the clear coat on my 2012 red Wing was not of high quality. It showed scratches worse than my 2013 red F6B.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sounds familiar.

I had a particular dealer in Scottsdale give me that same line earlier this year as I was looking for the 2014 model. I was told that they didn't know when the 2014s would get to the showroom because they weren't sure there would be a 2014 model.

I thanked the guy, left, and drove to another dealer who was more than happy to help me by offering and arranging to get a yellow 2014 shipped in from an out-of-town shop.

I'm pretty sure the first dealer was more interested in clearing the couple 2013 models he had on his showroom floor than he was interested in helping me find what I really wanted. It only cost him a sale and some credibility. C'est la vie.
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry S View Post
    Hi Everyone, new member here. I am trying to do look hard all the options and competition for the F6B. I am focusing on the 2014 Deluxe and everything that I can find and read says its a great bike etc.. With that said, I was at a Honda Dealership here in Phoenix this morning and had a nice conversation with the manager. I was asking about the 2015 F6B model and when they might hit the floors. I was shocked to here him say " not really sure, possibly Jan or Feb IF they decide to bring the F6B back in 2015".

Has anyone else heard if Honda is not bringing the F6B back? This dealer said they still have 2013 models as well as 2014 models sitting in storage.
    Not planning on the 2015, to much money I am sure. I have pricing of $17600 for a 2014 Deluxe right now from several dealers. What I am most concerned by is buying a bike that is discontinued. Oh, I am thinking of the pearl Yellow to not have to deal with the paint problems on the back and red.
    The dealer just wants you to buy what he already has in stock or is clueless or a combination of both. The 2015 F6B has already been listed on the Honda website with two new colors and is not being discontinued.

Rule #1........don't listen to or take direction from a dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    The dealer just wants you to buy what he already has in stock or is clueless or a combination of both. The 2015 F6B has already been listed on the Honda website with two new colors and is not being discontinued.
    This is what was running through my head as well. Not sure about them being clueless as they seem to be a large dealer moving a lot of bikes.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Lotsa clueless Salespeople out there...

Back In my PWC days, I went to the dealer and asked when will the new MSX be available?

He had no idea Polaris was coming out with an all-new hull, all new engines, etc,,, Pretty BIG news as far as the Polaris PWC's were concerned.

(It had been on the corporate website for weeks before they 'announced' it)

Sales people,,,,,,, Some are GREAT, and others are nothing but lip-service,,,

This is what was running through my head as well. Not sure about them being clueless as they seem to be a large dealer moving a lot of bikes.
    When I was shopping for my F6B I called one of the largest volume Honda dealers in my area to get a price quote and the salesman they put me in touch with had no idea what an F6B was.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    IMHO, the F6B isn't going anywhere as it's too easy / cost effective to make 'em as they are basically a 2nd gen wing with parts removed. Costs Honda virtually 'nothing' to have another model in it's line up,,,

Once they discontinue the 2nd Gen Wing, brought out in 2012,,, THEN you can worry about the F6B disappearing,,,

Local dealer has 13's + a 14 on his floor. Can't seem to sell them. IMHO, more now than EVER, folks are researching prices on their toys / buying out of state. (We did) I was able to purchase a 13 in 13, painted any color I wanted, for approx 1k less than I could get an OEM colored bike locally.

HOR in AR. 'Just up the road' from Houston.
    Seems like Honda is catching on to the Harley, Victory, and yes, even Indian thing of having the same bike, putting a little something different on it and calling it a different model. I think you're right -- no reason to discontinue the F6B until the molds no longer fit. Now what the dealer might be saying in dealer speak is that he isn't planning on ordering any unless they start selling better. Not sure if they are allowed to do that or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Injun Joe View Post
    Now what the dealer might be saying in dealer speak is that he isn't planning on ordering any unless they start selling better. Not sure if they are allowed to do that or not.
    In Canada, the Honda dealers are forced to order at least 1 unit of any new model, whether they like it or not.

Let's face it, a great dealer of any vehicle is an increasingly rare find. Just as one little example, the service manager where I purchased my F6B tried to convince me it had a 6-speed transmission. Obviously, they were clueless about the specifics of my bike. As you might imagine, I have never returned to that dealer for anything and I doubt I will ever darken their door again. This is why I study and try to educate myself on how to maintain all my vehicles. I just did a 40K service on my wife's VW Jetta TDI which included all fluid changes including the transmission and I can guarantee you I did it more thoroughly than any dealer would have done it. And, I saved about $400 doing it myself. In fact, my last two cars, a 2010 Jetta and a 2012 GTI, have never gone back to the dealer except for one visit for a recall. Even then, the service manager tried to "scare" me by saying that VW might not honor my warranty if I had any future problems. I definitely call BS on that one! I have everything documented on Excel spread sheets and have always used VW approved products. This shows the mentality of many dealers.
    Ken (Hornblower)