2015 F6B ? - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2015 F6B ?

I purchased my F6B from a dealer over 125 miles away because I knew the owners and most of their staff which are all decent folks..No issues so far and I hope to use them in the future as needed...They custom painted my bike and installed some aftermarket stuff without any problems and so far all is well....A local dealer near me had one black F6B on the floor last fall when I was shopping, and the sales guy, who was" dumber than a rock", tried to tell me the F6B was identical in all ways to the GW except for the lack of a trunk..Total BS and I left without asking any further questions....As said on earlier posts, many dealers should not even be in business as sales staff and service staff's are generally not trained in anything pertaining to what they sell or service....Major shame as Honda is a large company with $billions in annual sales....

Quote Originally Posted by Texas TC View Post
    "As far as yellow, why would it be any different? You think Honda did a different paint procedure for yellow?"

Pretty sure the yellow bikes are clear coated like all similar colors on the full Wing. It looked to be clear coated on the one I saw in person. The black and red versions are not clear coated. Having said that, the clear coat on my 2012 red Wing was not of high quality. It showed scratches worse than my 2013 red F6B.
    It's just my opinion and I don't mean any insult by it, but I think that you may just have some wishful optimism on your part. I have not had any issues with my red one . I could, then conclude mine has been clear coated.As I understand it, Honda changed their paint process supposedly for environmental issues. Why would they make an exception for the yellow color. The same reported paint issues have been talked about on the new 2014 Valkyries as well.

My understanding is that Honda's metallic and pearl colors do indeed have clear coat, but still use the same "environmentally friendly" paint process as the non-clear coat colors. So, since the 2014 yellow is a pearl paint, it has clear coat. I doubt the clear coat is any harder than the non-clear coat finish, but scratches on lighter colored bikes like the yellow F6B are usually less conspicuous.

The clear coat on my Rune was super soft!!!!! ^^^^^ +1
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

are you confused yet???

look follow your heart on this...the 2015 should rock,we love ours for sure...
    but its not an investment
    we bought them to ride
    if you want fancy paint go harley
    if you want a harley killer buy the 2015....
    forget buying nos...
    there is a reason honda is discounting them..
    2o15 or bust...that blue is amazing

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe187 View Post
    look follow your heart on this...the 2015 should rock,we love ours for sure...
    but its not an investment
    we bought them to ride
    if you want fancy paint go harley
    if you want a harley killer buy the 2015....
    forget buying nos...
    there is a reason honda is discounting them..
    2o15 or bust...that blue is amazing
    The situation not accounted for is buying the F6B to kill HD in the looks department -- it does except for the paint to my eye. I think the question should be, Do I love the F6B enough to spend a couple grand on paint? My answer now is a qualified yes: I want to see how the plastic holds up having never ridden a plastic motorcycle. If the plastic is still in good shape, I'll likely paint in a year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Injun Joe View Post
    The situation not accounted for is buying the F6B to kill HD in the looks department -- it does except for the paint to my eye. I think the question should be, Do I love the F6B enough to spend a couple grand on paint? My answer now is a qualified yes: I want to see how the plastic holds up having never ridden a plastic motorcycle. If the plastic is still in good shape, I'll likely paint in a year or two.
    With the exception of a mishap, I think the plastic will hold up very well. They've been doing plastic for a long time now. Heck, besides my F6B and my Valkyrie(not much plastic there), I also have my dad's old 86 Aspencade that I'm in the (slow) process of refreshing. The plastic on it is fine. Paint a bit faded, but structurally fine.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    My 6 is painted by HOR. The wifes 6 is OEM black. Neither one has a 'miles deep clear coat' look, so IMHO, the 2 paint jobs are ~pretty similar~.

Considering that paint, a center-stand, clear t-sigs, front fender extension (now removed), and a Baggershield added 2 k to the price,,,, eh,,, Now I can say it was not a MUST HAVE due to any shortcoming on the OEM paint. A different than OEM color is 'nice',,,,

If ya want a something to 'Polish and Admire/Pose' with, well, there are far 'shinier' paint jobs / far shinier bikes to be had.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    My 6 is painted by HOR. The wifes 6 is OEM black. Neither one has a 'miles deep clear coat' look, so IMHO, the 2 paint jobs are ~pretty similar~.

Considering that paint, a center-stand, clear t-sigs, front fender extension (now removed), and a Baggershield added 2 k to the price,,,, eh,,, Now I can say it was not a MUST HAVE due to any shortcoming on the OEM paint. A different than OEM color is 'nice',,,,

If ya want a something to 'Polish and Admire/Pose' with, well, there are far 'shinier' paint jobs / far shinier bikes to be had.
    Some people consider looks more than shine. I know you hate it, but some of us like our F6B for it's looks as much as anything else. But it's OK -- you go ahead and value whatever it is you value. Just don't be so dismissive of others because they assign value differently than you. My old bike runs just fine and gets me anywhere the F6B will. I had a ton of fun on it and could have a ton more. But I bought a new, shiney principly because I wanted a new shiney. I bet I'm not the only one.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    New/Shiney???

Yep,,, sounds like you are full of regret,,,

There's really only one thing left for you to do at this point,,,

http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-us