utopia backrest questions

Thread: utopia backrest questions

utopia backrest questions

Got it installed, pretty easy install actually... My problem is that I'm still not able to lay back into it because of my short arms and the reach to the handlebars. I've got some rocky risers on order and hope that it pulls the bars back to me enough to let me use the backrest, but if not, not sure what else I can do. The only comfortable position I can use the backrest and reach the handlebars is if I rotate the backrest mounting bar totally forward and sit the backrest into the drivers seat and lean back, actually moving me about 3 or 4 inches forward in the seat...anyone else have to do this? Any other options for us t-rex arm guys??

Thanks!

Depends on how much money you want to throw at it. Your Rocky Risers may take care of it but, if not, you can always go the HeliBars route. That gives the option of total adjustability in all directions and angles.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Yes, I saw the helibars and don't really WANT to spend that much on them, but if it's the only way I can get comfortable, then I guess I'll have to spring for them! Hope the Rocky risers take care of it! Can't wait to get them and try them out! Hoping they work!!!

When I first tried out my Utopia backrest after it was installed, my back would barely touch it if I was on the handlebars, too far away to really lean back into it. But I kept messing with the adjustment bolt on the back of the backrest frame (near the bottom). I was finally able to get it just right for me.

As a woman, I have short arms so I can relate to this issue. I think it would have been great if Honda offered an aftermarket handle bar option that are longer with all the cables longer so that one wouldn't need to go after the expensive Helibars.

I do get that ache and fatigue in the neck and shoulders after a while.

I came from a bike that had 16" apes that I could lay back on, so this is a LOT different for me... Got my Rocky Risers on and they helped some and kept messing with my backrest and think I finally got it worked out. Just had to lean it as far forward as it'll go and move my butt further forward in the seat than I wanted... I agree, I would like to have some different bar options and just be able to extend the cables and lines like I did on my other bike, but part of it is just a different riding position that I'm slowly getting used to