I'm affraid to ride my bike now:( - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I'm affraid to ride my bike now:(

Cool

A box of donuts will fit in a saddlebag.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Guess I better stay in Georgia. They allow 10 over. Other states I mite end up in jail.

Luck of the Draw

Sometimes I think its the luck of the Draw. It seems a lot of my past speeding tickets have been in groups of 2 close together. Its like someone's shittin on your parade. Slow it down, take care of the tickets and within a few months things should get back to normal. Good Luck.

Did you not see him?

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Yes, I'm taking that one to court. He had his cruse control set at 70 and pacing the traffic. I got on the freeway about 4 car links behind him and in the span of 5 or 6 miles crept up on him to where I was right next to him at one point. As soon as my bike inched passed his car he turned on his lights. So it wasn't a speeding ticket actually it was a "disrespect" ticket.
    Didn't you see him?? My wife got one of those where she passed a cop at over the speed limit. DUH, you're gonna get a ticket .....

In CT...

Here in Ct if you do the speed limit you had better be in the right lane and watch your mirrors.
    The average is 10 over the limit (65) and you still have a good chance of being run over. Generally I'm running at 72-85 and that will keep me pacing most traffic. There are many different types of unmarked state police cars here also. Dodge chargers, Tahoes, Explorers, Camaros, even Malibu's and smaller vehicles, in addition to the larger conventional Crown Vic and Suburban types. So spotting them is not always easy.
    But.... If you see any vehicle on the side of the road with tinted windows or slightly open door, err on the side of caution and duck behind something BIG right away.

Quote Originally Posted by jlig View Post
    Didn't you see him?? My wife got one of those where she passed a cop at over the speed limit. DUH, you're gonna get a ticket .....
    Yes, I saw him, I was riding right next to him and we were going the exact same speed except i had inched in front of him half a bike lenth when he turned on his lights. (I thought he wanted to look at my bike )

The next purchase I make for this bike will be a good radar detector
    Good plan! I have not mounted mine yet, so I'm feeling a bit vulnerable myself. The CHP tends to keep their KA band running all the time sending a "warning" to anyone "listening", hence a detector is a valuable tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeahoo Whoyah View Post
    Good plan! I have not mounted mine yet, so I'm feeling a bit vulnerable myself. The CHP tends to keep their KA band running all the time sending a "warning" to anyone "listening", hence a detector is a valuable tool.
    I've never used a radar detector before because I've never had the need. Like I said, never got a ticket on my BMW. I'm not really a speeder but I do like to stay ahead of trouble. I feel like I'm being forced into buying it now because I'm so paranoid. It will be interesting to see if it actually helps. An electronic cruise control would help too, It's good to hear that people are working on that.

I'm confused at how a radar detector is going to help when you pass an officer who is going faster than the limit.

Valentine One

And...that is WHY I will continue to use my Valentine One radar detector that is now 16 years old, but gets updated every few years. I have it encased into a waterproof clear form molded cover, and wired directly into the bike via the Intercom system of the F6B, so I hear all the beeps and braps in both helmet headset speakers. I know for a fact that this one Valenetine One readar detector has paid for itself over 1000 times in the past 16 years of use.

My last speeding ticket was over 10 years ago, for 10 over in Nor Cal. Other than the radar detector, I also sport WSP stickers on the back/sides of my helmet. for...Washington State Patrol. The trick won't work here in Washington, but all the other jurisdictions in North America are hesitant to give a presumed "fellow officer" a ticket. It works.

F6B 006.jpg