I'm affraid to ride my bike now:( - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I'm affraid to ride my bike now:(

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
    I'm confused at how a radar detector is going to help when you pass an officer who is going faster than the limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    And...that is WHY I will continue to use my Valentine One radar detector that is now 16 years old, but gets updated every few years. I have it encased into a waterproof clear form molded cover, and wired directly into the bike via the Intercom system of the F6B, so I hear all the beeps and braps in both helmet headset speakers. I know for a fact that this one Valenetine One readar detector has paid for itself over 1000 times in the past 16 years of use.

My last speeding ticket was over 10 years ago, for 10 over in Nor Cal. Other than the radar detector, I also sport WSP stickers on the back/sides of my helmet. for...Washington State Patrol. The trick won't work here in Washington, but all the other jurisdictions in North America are hesitant to give a presumed "fellow officer" a ticket. It works.

Attachment 720
    That's good to hear Miles. Thanks for the tips.

Dang speed camera got me. 47 in a 40. I accelerated through a yellow light. $60.00 and nothing goes on my record. At least I didn't get one for the 110 blast onto the interstate.

FYI for those traveling GA. They are notorious for using laser. Watch all your over passes. They will set on the backside of an overpass and clock you from behind. Radar detector is worthless here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill View Post
    FYI for those traveling GA. They are notorious for using laser. Watch all your over passes. They will set on the backside of an overpass and clock you from behind. Radar detector is worthless here.
    WildBill, that is good information. Thank you. However...a Valentine One detector is still useful in this case. It detects laser, and tells me which direction the laser is coming from.

Cool

I thought the posted speed limits were for minimum speed ?
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dmoon64 View Post
    Dang speed camera got me. 47 in a 40. I accelerated through a yellow light. $60.00 and nothing goes on my record. At least I didn't get one for the 110 blast onto the interstate.
    I remember the first photo radar ticket I got in the mail. I thought hey, they sent me a picture of me driving to fast and asking for $75. So I sent them a picture of $75!!!!! Seemed like a logical thing to me. Then they sent me a picture of some handcuffs!!!!!
    Needless to say I paid the fine.

Beagle

Speeding

I find it interesting that Cincinnati Microwave makes police gear and detectors for the public. Like supplying weapons to both sides of the conflict just to make lots of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    WildBill, that is good information. Thank you. However...a Valentine One detector is still useful in this case. It detects laser, and tells me which direction the laser is coming from.
    I stand corrected... Thanks for the info. I will have to look it up. Sounds hi tech.
    Years ago I had a rocky mountain radar unit that would jam radar/ laser. I don't know if they still make them.

Update

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    I've gotten two speeding tickets in two months of riding it now! One for 71 in a 65 and yesterday for 75 in a 65. The next purchase I make for this bike will be a good radar detector. I'm not sure if it's the red bike or not but I'm having some bad luck
    I went to court for my first ticket I got on the F6B, it was for 71 in a 65 and I was riding right next to the ISP that was setting the pace of traffic at 70. I creeped passed him and he turned on his lights.

The case was dismissed Thursday because the officer was unavailable it said. But the point here is to not be afraid to take a ticket to court if you think you were wronged.

Another update is I've installed a radar detector on my bike yesterday and used it for the first time this morning on the way to work. I didn't speed but I liked the secure feeling of having it and had less paranoia riding. After getting two tickets in a short span I was getting kind of concerned. The section of freeway on I84 going through Boise is full of officers just waiting for anyone speeding as a word of warning to anybody passing through.