Switchback led's w/ 960's & Hid's - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Switchback led's w/ 960's & Hid's

Looks great Giddyup! That's nearly the exact setup and parts I would like. I can turn a wrench and swap out parts, but electrical installations I have 0 experience. Hesitant to go forward with light purchases. Nice job!

I installed those on mine also just before we came down to Pigeon Forge this week. The look is astounding.
    I am going to talk to them at SOCAL, may become a dealer on their products.
    They match all of the other LED's on the front. The pictures from the Dragon this week are pretty cool with those extra White Lights on there.

Did the dragon with my son multiple times this week, he has a FZ1. I have the bottom outsides of the floorboards scraped down really good.

I think these are the brightest you can buy. Yup x-pensive also. http://www.clearwaterlights.com/
    I have a email sent into them asking for a
    factory fog light mount. I won't give up my
    bakers on sweltering summer days. maybe some others interested sending in emails ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by naga viper View Post
    I think these are the brightest you can buy. Yup x-pensive also. http://www.clearwaterlights.com/
    I have a email sent into them asking for a
    factory fog light mount. I won't give up my
    bakers on sweltering summer days. maybe some others interested sending in emails ?
    I'm not certain if the lights in your link are indeed brighter or not but if they are for me there's no need. The 960's have 6000k hid color, 960 lumens, with 4 10 watt leds pulling only one amp. These lights are intensely bright and I would certainly not want to put anything any brighter on my bike. As much as I want to be seen I don't want to blind on coming traffic. Give us feedback if you decide to go with those.

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post
    I'm not certain if the lights in your link are indeed brighter or not but if they are for me there's no need. The 960's have 6000k hid color, 960 lumens, with 4 10 watt leds pulling only one amp. These lights are intensely bright and I would certainly not want to put anything any brighter on my bike. As much as I want to be seen I don't want to blind on coming traffic. Give us feedback if you decide to go with those.
    Agree with most of your info except for all 4 bulbs pulling only 1 amp. Based on 40 watts total, a closer amp draw would be 3 amps. Still, your point is valid that this is a lot of lumens for such a light amp draw.

BTW, if anyone is interested in a like-new set of Denali LED "pods", my brother has a set for sale. The set he has is the Denali D1 like these:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/lights/denali-led-lights/

Send me a PM if interested.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Agree with most of your info except for all 4 bulbs pulling only 1 amp. Based on 40 watts total, a closer amp draw would be 3 amps. Still, your point is valid that this is a lot of lumens for such a light amp draw.

BTW, if anyone is interested in a like-new set of Denali LED "pods", my brother has a set for sale. The set he has is the Denali D1 like these:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/lights/denali-led-lights/

Send me a PM if interested.
    What's he want for them, have a bud with a adventure bike might want them.
    ss^,
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by fxdl2051 View Post
    What's he want for them, have a bud with a adventure bike might want them.
    Shoot me a PM and I'll give you the details. Thanks!
    Ken (Hornblower)

GIDDYUP not to argue but the Ericas are 6 leds per housing at 6000 lumens per light.
    I do like the mp3 960's but. am looking at all options.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    GIDDYUP not to argue but the Ericas are 6 leds per housing at 6000 lumens per light.
    That's like having your own cowl sunlight! Definitely keep us posted if you come up with a mounting solution....you might not need the headlights!

E33 - Erica Light Kit - with optional mounting kit
    Item # E33
    Enter: Year, Make & Model: , Comments:: $924.00

is this the real price or i missing something ?