Kickstand came down in stop-n-go traffic - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kickstand came down in stop-n-go traffic

I went over speed bump, not too fast, and heard/felt the kickstand bounce just little.
    I wondered then about the spring tension on the kickstand, but forgot about it until this thread came online.
    Anybody have any thoughts about the spring on kickstand needing a bit more tension ?
    Just food for thought.

Accidently pulled down kickstand with heel of my boot once shortly after I got the bike...Have learned to be more aware of my boot positions since....No harm down as motor shut down while I was at a stop....

Quote Originally Posted by FF-Ed View Post
    (I guess it's time to ditch those Bell Bottom Pants,, Bob!)
    But, motorcycle pants don't go with my huaraches and tie-die. The sacrifices we make!!!

shooter
    I agree with Rich. That's the easiest kickstand to put down I've ever seen. I did the same thing and changed my habits with my leg movement. Also added passenger boards which makes you keep your legs farther forward.

I have the opposite problem. we need a locking kick stand like the harleys. I keep rolling it off while parking it on an incline. I like to leave the bike in neutral. Guess i just have to keep it in gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Spankyrir View Post
    I have the opposite problem. we need a locking kick stand like the harleys. I keep rolling it off while parking it on an incline. I like to leave the bike in neutral. Guess i just have to keep it in gear.
    You are right! But even in gear, it can still creep forward on a surprisingly moderate hill. Its a heavy bike.

I keep a small wooden wedge in the corner of a saddlebag in case I find myself needing to chock a wheel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Before the breathing air is gone, before the sun is just a bright star in the night sky.

Quote Originally Posted by Spankyrir View Post
    That is an old H.D. habit... The only time I put my bikes in neutral is in the garage....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com