My Favorite Ride (Miracles do Happen) - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Favorite Ride (Miracles do Happen)

What a story ! You and the others are really amazing. Fantastic.

Update on Ed

Great News! I was able to go up to Harborview Hospital this afternoon and was just hoping to get to talk to Ed's Family. The family brought me to his bedside. Just 48 hrs earlier, this man had the color of death skin, barely breathing. Today while even on the vent, he was conscious, eyes open and responding with his eyes, eyebrows and making gestures with his hands, although his hands are restrained. The family said he has been trying to pull the tube out.

He doesn't have a mark on his face anywhere with full color skin tone. I told him he probable doesn't know me. I told him who I was. I mentioned to him I've been staying in contact with his friend Ian. When I said Ian, he raised his eyebrows and his eyes opened wide.

Ed isn't out of the woods yet. His left lung collapsed Sunday evening. However, he has responded very well to the treatments and is a fighter. The family confirmed that fighter trait.

Thank you for the prayers, support from our F6B community. Keep praying for Ed's complete and miraculous recovery and for his family.
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for the update KJ. Prayers continuing......
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Wow. Tremendous job. God sure did orchestrate that divine appointment. He must have plans for ED.

I'll be praying for those involved. Makes me consider my riding style. I'm going riding tomorrow but may be a bit more cautious. Intense story and situation.
    -Tim
    2009 BMW R1200RT
    2013 Honda F6B HR Signature Series (born 7/17/13; sold 6/25/16)
    2011 AB Trailer
    2005 Honda GL1800 Portland Gray Metallic (Gone), 2005 Honda VTX 1300R (Gone), 2004 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Gone)
    Darksider #858: Kumho Ecsta 195/55/16 with Dynabeads/Dunlop E3
    IBA #47379
    GWRRA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nothing happens in God's world by mistake!

That's all I got!
    God Bless each ya!
    "Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono

What a story. The hand of God is evident in placing you, KJ, and two other highly trained first responders in the right place at the right time. Ed, as well as those who love and care for him, were blessed by your presence. Thanks to you for what you do.

This past May I was on a ride with my church group and experienced a somewhat similar situation. While crossing a reservoir dam, a young lady took too long a look at the sights to her right and did not see the slight left turn near the end of the dam. She impacted the guard rail and was thrown back onto the roadway. Her injuries were severe and we were miles from medical help. Once again, God provided. We had a trauma nurse riding in our group and she did all the right stuff for the 40-45 minutes it took for an ambulance to arrive. Time was running out on Michelle when the ambulance got there with the desperately needed fluids. Life Flight arrived about 15 minutes later. After a long stay in ICU, the hospital, and a nursing home, Michelle is now getting around a bit and it seems like she will have a good but not total recovery. This young lady was an excellent rider on a VTX 1300 who gives us a good lesson when she speaks of what the moment of inattention cost her.

Incidentally, the area of this crash has now been blackened by the horrible King Fire here in California.

Again, KJ, thanks and kudos for your life saving efforts.

We came by and saw the accident after the riders were gone. Based on the positions of the bikes, we reasoned that one of them had gone over the center line. The GoldWing looked like exploded plastic. Kevin, that guy was really lucky you and the others showed up so quickly.
    Good work.

Holy Guardrail, Batman!

Nice Work.

Re-tired, or Re-tard. Depends on your attitude.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Good job!

Re; Guy in the ditch,,, I were in the same situation, the most luck I could hope for would be a mortician on his way home.

Update on Ed

I received an email from Ed's friend Ian this morning. Ian said they removed the chest tube and extubating him off the vent last night. Ed is able to breath without assistance. That is GREAT news. I plan on seeing Ed tomorrow.
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]