You Love Your Wing. Treat It With Care.

Thread: You Love Your Wing. Treat It With Care.

You Love Your Wing. Treat It With Care.

Here are two brand new ways to take care of your Goldwing battery at WingStuff.com:

http://wingstuff.com/products/36196-...tender

http://wingstuff.com/shop/rescue_pak

Hmm the first link is broken.

A "lithium" battery charger? What's the difference to a lead-acid battery charger? Do GW's have lithium batteries?

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    BOTH links worked for me

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    BOTH links worked for me
    firs link :
    We're sorry, but something went wrong.

We've been notified about this issue and we'll take a look at it shortly.

second one for me

no biggie i just went from the link number two to maintenance tab , I'm getting a battery tender soon. should i buy the jr or the plus?

any different other then the size ?

A "lithium" battery charger? What's the difference to a lead-acid battery charger? Do GW's have lithium batteries?
    Hi George,

Most vehicles use lead acid batteries and, of course, they work great. However, they are heavy and require maintenance.

The biggest difference between lithium and lead-acid batteries is the voltage delivered to the battery. Lithium batteries require lower voltage than do standard lead acid batteries.

"Lithium" batteries are also a newer technology, are light weight and only require regular charging.

If you want a "lithium" battery we recommend the lithium type chargers, although some will charge with standard battery chargers. (battery tender jr.)

I hope this helps.

You can read all about it and more at Battery University and other online resources.

Quote Originally Posted by badpapi View Post
    firs link :
    We're sorry, but something went wrong.

We've been notified about this issue and we'll take a look at it shortly.

second one for me

no biggie i just went from the link number two to maintenance tab , I'm getting a battery tender soon. should i buy the jr or the plus?

any different other then the size ?
    Hi badpapi,

The battery Tender Jr. is a fine charger and will handle most bikes just fine, although the plus will do the job faster.
    Keep note that it is not recommended for lithium batteries.

The Battery Tender JR 12V Smart Battery Charger is great because it can be connected to the battery all the time. The charger will sense when the battery is getting weak and turns On in charge mode, then shuts off automatically when the battery is fully charged.It has been rated best battery charger ever. Keep in mind it charges at a slightly slower rate than the Plus version, the Battery Charger safely charges battery's and shuts off automatically when battery is fully charged.

I hope this helps.

Yeah but why is there a picture of a lithium charger Thanks, I just thought I was missing something.

I definitely agree about getting the bigger charger if you don't have a few days to spare. I once charged a dead 750 CCA car battery with a 1.5A charger and it took about a week to fully charge lol.

However, if you're only using it for tending purposes, I think the small ones would work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by WingStuff.com View Post
    Hi badpapi,

The battery Tender Jr. is a fine charger and will handle most bikes just fine, although the plus will do the job faster.
    Keep note that it is not recommended for lithium batteries.

The Battery Tender JR 12V Smart Battery Charger is great because it can be connected to the battery all the time. The charger will sense when the battery is getting weak and turns On in charge mode, then shuts off automatically when the battery is fully charged.It has been rated best battery charger ever. Keep in mind it charges at a slightly slower rate than the Plus version, the Battery Charger safely charges battery's and shuts off automatically when battery is fully charged.

I hope this helps.
    thanks ! i going to get the jr .

Yeah but why is there a picture of a lithium charger Thanks, I just thought I was missing something.

I definitely agree about getting the bigger charger if you don't have a few days to spare. I once charged a dead 750 CCA car battery with a 1.5A charger and it took about a week to fully charge lol.

However, if you're only using it for tending purposes, I think the small ones would work fine.
    small one it is i only need to keep it tender over the winter months . thanks all for the info