Aerostich Roadcrafter Two Piece Suit - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aerostich Roadcrafter Two Piece Suit

Aerostich

Quote Originally Posted by Abiqua Creek View Post
    Rode into work this morning and it was flat pouring down rain, thunder and lightning to add to the ambiance. The Roadcrafter two piece was awesome, I arrived warm and dry and look forward to extending my riding season here in the Willamette Valley.
    They are very good in the rain and they breath too! I put a 200,000 miles on one Roadcrafter and sold it on Ebay for half what I paid new. I bought a Transit Suit (waterproof leather-really!) and another Roadcrafter and loved them both. I hit a deer wearing the Transit and it sure saved my hide. Unfortunately they can't repair them and the jacket is trashed. The pants are OK although a little road-rashed. I would like to try one of the lighter weight Tactical Roadcrafters to see if they are any cooler than the legacy Roadcrafter. Mine is great until it gets over 90° then too hot, although I haven't experimented with putting ice in the pockets or soaking my t-shirt. You made a smart purchase.

I am totally confused. I thought you had to ride a BMW to wear those suites.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Texas TC View Post
    I am totally confused. I thought you had to ride a BMW to wear those suites.
    I got the first one when I had a ST1300 but it lasted through 2 Beemers plus a few others.

I hit a deer wearing the Transit and it sure saved my hide. Unfortunately they can't repair them and the jacket is trashed.

Hey all, check your insurance policies. Some underwriters will insure riding gear up to $2000.00 in the event of a collision.

Insurance

Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
    I hit a deer wearing the Transit and it sure saved my hide. Unfortunately they can't repair them and the jacket is trashed.

Hey all, check your insurance policies. Some underwriters will insure riding gear up to $2000.00 in the event of a collision.
    My Progressive policy covered up to $3000 worth of accessories and included gear. I got a new lid, gloves, boots and a Roadcrafter instead of the Transit. The Transit Suits are $1700 or so and even though Aerostich offers a "crash discount" I had a few other things to replace. Plus my Transit was broken in and fit great. New ones fit like a cardboard box.

Still Waiting

I'm still waiting to receive my Transit pants that I ordered and paid for mid December last year. I've been afraid to wear the jacket just in case the pants never show up then I will try to return the jacket which is worthless to me without the pants.

I have lots of Aerostich clothing and have waited long periods for delivery before but never anything like this.

First they told me early Spring, then late Spring, then early Summer, then July. My last e-mail they suddenly told me that the delivery date always was November and always had been November! AAARRRGGG! Thanks for the opportunity to vent.