Hi honey we're home - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hi honey we're home

Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Fire View Post
    Sorry guys decided to get the full Wing instead of the F6B even though it was a hard decision, and I love the F6B styling, the Wing won because of the extra bits and pieces,and I'm getting soft in my later years
    don't be sorry. It is your motorcycle. Congrats...

Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Fire View Post
    WOOHOO,

Picked up the Baby today, brand spanking new 2014 Candy Apple Red Goldwing GL 1800 and rode her home 300 odd Kilometres.
    Came down the freeway with the stereo blasting.....what a buzz.
    still cant wipe the smile of my face, even after spending the next 1.5 hours polishing her with Mr Sheen.

Sorry guys decided to get the full Wing instead of the F6B even though it was a hard decision, and I love the F6B styling, the Wing won because of the extra bits and pieces,and I'm getting soft in my later years
    have booked her in for Monday to get her first 1000 Kilometre service,

WOOHOO, I'm like a kid again.......wont get any sleep tonight

Now.......where can I ride to after the service....mmmmmmm
    Do you happen to know if it has a clear coat over the paint?

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Do you happen to know if it has a clear coat over the paint?

I'm not really sure if it has a clear coat......I know it has three coats of polish over it already as all it's done is rain since I came home with another three days of rain forecast

How convenient since the last two weeks have been nothing but sunshine

my younger friends told me that the new Goldwing comes equip with erectile dysfunction.

I opt'd for the F6B, I'm a little too young for that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2013 F6B Black
    Buell Lightning S1
    DR400sm
    Qlink Sumo

Quote Originally Posted by Injun Joe View Post
    People here are saying first service at 4k. That's how I read my manual too.
    If you actually go to the maintenance schedule chart in your owner's manual it says the first oil change is at 600miles/1000 kms. and the next change is at 8000 miles/12000 kms.
    This was taken off the American Owner's Manual.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Exploring the world, one road at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by ISLANDER1089 View Post
    If you actually go to the maintenance schedule chart in your owner's manual it says the first oil change is at 600miles/1000 kms. and the next change is at 8000 miles/12000 kms.
    This was taken off the American Owner's Manual.
    You boys in Canada must have a different version of the owners manual. I just checked mine again and it clearly states that the oil change interval is 4K and ever 8K thereafter.

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    You boys in Canada must have a different version of the owners manual. I just checked mine again and it clearly states that the oil change interval is 4K and ever 8K thereafter.
    I stand corrected. Somebody on this forum recently posted a PDF version of the owners manual. This is where I got the information from. This morning I did a search on the forum to locate that post so I could verify the numbers. To my surprise there have been several posts about this issue and it seems that there are different schedules for different countries. One member said that outside the USA oil change intervals are much longer because Europeans tend to prefer longer intervals because it cuts down on maintenance costs. If you use a synthetic oil then 8000 or 10,000 mile intervals are perfectly fine as the oil holds up much better. People have always said that frequent oil changes is cheap insurance but with today's oils it really isn't necessary as we see with much longer manufacturers oil change intervals. I'm not sure if this will work but I will attempt to paste a link to a previous post on this topic.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?2...USA-vs-Foreign

Bottom line, this topic is quite individual and we tend to change our oil based on what we've always done before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Exploring the world, one road at a time.

Dealer told me 4000 miles when I picked it up. Will be doing my own oil changes.

Congratulations to that red Beauty!

Quote Originally Posted by Denisr View Post
    (...) we do get ABS as standard here a swell. Strange isn't it.
    I can't tell why there is a difference to other countries, but in Germany noone would by a bike nowadays without ABS. So nearly every motorcycle already comes with ABS. In 2016 every new sold motorcycle has to have ABS in the European Community by law.
    Always a good and safe ride,
    Karim

1000 kms for first service for me too. Then it's every 12000 kms. Must be an Aussie thing.