Warranty question.

Thread: Warranty question.

Question Warranty question.

So I bought my F6B in July of this year. Had an accident in mid September. Dealer repaired bike and is delivering it to me because I am injured and unable to ride. Dealer says they warrant their work for 90 days. I will not be able to ride it during those 90 days because I am still mending.

Do you suppose the warranty from the purchase (3 years, I think) would cover any issues from the repair? I saw the bike, it looks great, and they said they took it for a ride.

Thoughts?
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus661 View Post
    Do you suppose the warranty from the purchase (3 years, I think) would cover any issues from the repair?
    The 3 year Honda warranty covers the manufacturer's defects, not the dealer's repairs to non-warranty items.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus661 View Post
    So I bought my F6B in July of this year. Had an accident in mid September. Dealer repaired bike and is delivering it to me because I am injured and unable to ride. Dealer says they warrant their work for 90 days. I will not be able to ride it during those 90 days because I am still mending.

Do you suppose the warranty from the purchase (3 years, I think) would cover any issues from the repair? I saw the bike, it looks great, and they said they took it for a ride.

Thoughts?
    I would almost guarantee it would NOT, simply based on none of the repairs having anything to do with Honda's workmanship. I would talk to the shop and explain your situation, if they are a good shop I would hope they would accommodate that time frame.

Or, get someone you know to ride it and make sure it seems ok.....then hope!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

shooter
    Regardless of what the dealer says your insurance company will make them stand behind it longer than that. Speak to your agent about it.

speaking of insurance, your from Ohio, I can't believe they didn't total your bike for that accident.

Ohio is renowned for totaling bikes with minor damage.

Ohio will total a bike if the clutch and brake handles break in a accident.

I would be Jones'ing for a 2015 with cruise...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2013 F6B Black
    Buell Lightning S1
    DR400sm
    Qlink Sumo

progressive insurance

Zeus661, You stated in another thread you had Progressive. If your Honda dealer was a Progressive approved shop you are covered for the life of the bike. As long as you are the original owner. At least that how it works on their commercial side of their insurance.