Poll on Previous rides
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poll on Previous rides

Poll on Previous rides

I just read the poll on previous rides.
    Lots of guys have switched from a HD to the Honda. Out of the 34 bikes that I have owned, Ive never owned a HD. I have lots of friends that ride them & I have ridden enough. Just never could pull the trigger & spend that amount of money on a inferior MC. The same could be said about Ducati Im sure. Ive owned 7 of them.
    Not really looking to but. Am I one of the only ones that thinks this way? HD owners or previous owners please pipe in.

I have not owned as many bikes as posted above, but have had my share over the years and never owned a HD..I have ridden a couple and was not impressed..The Mt.Rushmore series, and newer models, I hear are much improved and maybe the Motor Company is finally producing a decent bike..Those that own and ride Harley's love them I guess, but I'll stick with my F6B for now and continue to enjoy a fine motorcycle..Had a couple of Victory's and they were nice bikes and I used to enjoy "smoking" Harley's with my Vision and Kingpin....I don't even bother to run a HD with the F6B as it is hardly a challenge and waste of gas!!

I have owned a lot of bikes including Harley, and personally never had a problem with any of them. The only time I ever got stranded was once I pulled in for gas and the battery of my KZ-1000 fried on the spot.
    I did tire of the noise and the expense of making my Harleys run the way I thought they should. But in the end they were good bikes to me.
    I do like my F6B but the mid control position was really hard to get used to again. I like all bikes don't care which brand you ride, or prefer.

Switched from a Harley.

I traded a 2010 Street Glide for my 2014 deluxe.
    I had a lot of fun while I owned the SG.
    I think Harley and Goldwing are totally different kind of bikes, although they both are what classified as "Baggers".
    As far as acceleration goes, because I had stage 4 on my Harley, it was as fast as my F6B. But that's after spending so much $$$$ into the engine alone. Heads, cams, tuner, intake and exhaust..... Not to mention heavy clutch.
    I love my F6B. It's as fast as the hopped up SG, right off the showroom floor, which means to me that
    Everything else in the power train Is designed to take that much power n torque FOR A LONG TIME!
    I still like the HARELY SOUND but I really like the "quietness" of my F6B as well.
    The rising position: I must say that I miss that of the SG.

Oh one last thing: I do not miss the HEAT from the Harley engine at all!

BBB I totally agree, out of the box performance of this F6B is really nice compared to what I had to do to my Harleys.
    I will also agree that for enough $'s you can get Harley to run the way they should.
    I get tickled when I hear guy's talking about spanking Harleys though, because they sure as hell have not rolled up on the ones I had yet.

Stock yes no problem, but a properly built one, not happening. Then you start dropping the reliability as well, and I don't worry too much about this one. Overall I'll keep the 6....

What I find interesting is that most of the Harley people are so into Harley and don't even know what's out there.
    I was surprised when I was asked "dang, that's a nice looking bike. What is it??" I just tell them "it ain't a Harley. . It's a goldwing". Lol
    Oh, I get kick out of it on a freeway when a Harley creeps up on me and I can "feel" that he is checking my "goldwing" out. After he finished checking it out, he passes me up and guns it. Then it's my turn to stay with him "stealthy". . When he get up about 90mph, I know he's about to top out (unless it's a hopped up Harley). That's when I yank my throttle n leave him in the dust. . The thing is the my f6b is so nice n stable, I can do all that with one hand off the handlebar!
    I know I'm being bad but it's a lot of fun to that. Lol.

Motorcycles are like girlfriends...they are all good and we like each of them for a different reasons...does not make one better than the other...just different
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

My other girl....

...is a '95 HD Heritage Special. (FLSTN for those of you who know).
    Heritage.jpg
    She's still 80ci, but has been ported, polished, dyno'd, tweaked and petted and she yields 80hp.
    She has a Thunderheader exhaust and can get loud as all hell.
    She will go 0-60 pretty quickly, and be all loud and ostentatious doing it.
    And when she doesn't want to go, can be stubborn as a mule.
    She is the girl you don't take home to momma - and dad smiles, secretly knowing something is up.

My F6B is the bike you take home to momma and dad still approves, because this one is for the long haul.
    And that is where the similarities end......because neither bike will call their lawyer if they catch me riding the other one.

As my namesake pointed out, they are different girls and SHOULD be thought of differently.
    Ride what you want, when you want to, and be safe.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    What I find interesting is that most of the Harley people are so into Harley and don't even know what's out there.
    I was surprised when I was asked "dang, that's a nice looking bike. What is it??" I just tell them "it ain't a Harley. . It's a goldwing". Lol
    Oh, I get kick out of it on a freeway when a Harley creeps up on me and I can "feel" that he is checking my "goldwing" out. After he finished checking it out, he passes me up and guns it. Then it's my turn to stay with him "stealthy". . When he get up about 90mph, I know he's about to top out (unless it's a hopped up Harley). That's when I yank my throttle n leave him in the dust. . The thing is the my f6b is so nice n stable, I can do all that with one hand off the handlebar!
    I know I'm being bad but it's a lot of fun to that. Lol.
    Me too.

I've had three HDs and none of them could get to 125 mph so I'm not worried about them catching up.

On another note, there's no comparison between the maintenance costs. HD will clean you out. In almost a year and a half I've only changed the oil and put gas in my 6. And a set of tires.