That name offends me, Change it! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: That name offends me, Change it!

Political Correctness is censorship and a way of controlling thought. George Carlin had an excellent bit on this, I always enjoyed this.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyWho View Post
    Political Correctness is censorship and a way of controlling thought. George Carlin had an excellent bit on this, I always enjoyed this.
    Carlin was the poster child for whats not PC.... Miss that guy!
    "Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono

Like Bobby said above, I'd guess I'm a Native American. I was born here and for generations my family has lived here. I think it would be ridiculous to call myself a European-American, wouldn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyWho View Post
    Like Bobby said above, I'd guess I'm a Native American. I was born here and for generations my family has lived here. I think it would be ridiculous to call myself a European-American, wouldn't it?
    How about AMERICAN?

Too many wanting to be called what ever. African American? Bet most never been to Africa. European American, same thing not many been to Europe.
    Native American? Well that's up for grabs apparently. How bout people, folks, human beings? With a few pecker heads thrown in of course.

The only redskins I ever saw were pasty white folk that fell asleep at the beach, them was some red mo fo's. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jkelley View Post
    The only redskins I ever saw were pasty white folk that fell asleep at the beach, them was some red mo fo's. LOL
    D'oh!!!
    "Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono

I was in Hereford, TX a few weeks ago and saw signs for the high school. They are the Hereford Whitefaces. I was like, WTF? Turns out a Whiteface is a type of cow. Hereford is the "beef capital of the world".

"Political correctness is facism pretending to be manners", George Carlin.

Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    I was in Hereford, TX a few weeks ago and saw signs for the high school. They are the Hereford Whitefaces. I was like, WTF? Turns out a Whiteface is a type of cow. Hereford is the "beef capital of the world".
    Lived in Hereford in 1976. There are a couple of million cows in the surrounding feedlots. Smells like money. If the wind is out of the right direction, you can smell 'em in Amarillo, 50 miles away.

Sounds like heaven

I lived around Hereford in the late 50's and early 60's. Love Hereford Moo Cows !! The love of my life was a Jersey named Pansy. Say no more, hello!!! And, I thought I was done doing with humor !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy, Happy, Happy !!!!!!