What do you guys think........?

Thread: What do you guys think........?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    #1: That $15k offer is outstanding. Run, do not walk to that dealer and close the deal. Sounds like they are in it for the long run and this kind of goodwill will come back to them.

#2: Check with your bank or other credit cards you may have and see if they offer transfer balance deals. Typically you can transfer your current credit card debt, up to your limit for 2-3% of the transferred amount then interest free for the term as long as paid in full. Typically the deals are good for 12-18 months.

The 2-3% upfront fee amounts to around 3 months worth of your current finance charges.

Only transfer the amount you can safely pay in the 12-18 months offered.

Good luck. Credit card debt is no fun but sometimes it can't be avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by Primo View Post
    #1: That $15k offer is outstanding. Run, do not walk to that dealer and close the deal. Sounds like they are in it for the long run and this kind of goodwill will come back to them.

#2: Check with your bank or other credit cards you may have and see if they offer transfer balance deals. Typically you can transfer your current credit card debt, up to your limit for 2-3% of the transferred amount then interest free for the term as long as paid in full. Typically the deals are good for 12-18 months.

The 2-3% upfront fee amounts to around 3 months worth of your current finance charges.

I tried to get one of those no interest for 18 months credit cards to do just that.....transfer the debt to that card and try to get it all paid off. No one would give one to me based on the high amount of debt I had. That is why I am a little nervous about tomorrow's attempt to get a motorcycle loan. But dealerships have all sorts of tricks they can use to get one financed.

Quote Originally Posted by Primo View Post

Sounds like good, sound advice! I concur.