Belly Pan Scraping

Thread: Belly Pan Scraping

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Belly Pan Scraping

I bought the nice black anodized powder coated belly pan to protect my lil' girl's underside from road debris.
    It is on properly and fits very well.
    I have managed to scrape the pan and pegs more then just a few times in the 100 miles or so that I have had the belly pan on her.

Coming from a 98 Valk and a 95 Heritage both with full floorboards and heel-toe shifters, I was never a "lean-way-over" guy.

Does the F6B just lend itself to leaning over more?
    Anybody else losing "the black" off the bellypan?
    It doesn't feel awkward at all to be at those angles.
    What a great bike!
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    I used to scrape my BP on the corners,,,

Took it off and it hasn't scraped since,,,

My pegs and pan are scraped from my trip through the Rockies two weeks ago. The bike will turn....well, and will really pull on the exits. It will run curves much better than I thought it would. Not quite a sport tourer but so much more comfortable.

I put the black aluminum one on. I figure it to be a consumable part. When I originaly installed mine I put it on with the front removable part on it. Fast forward to the next oil change. Stripped the Allen head on the screw. Once I got that little problem fixed I discovered the belly pan was not as high as it should be. Pushed the pan up and tightened the nuts, installed the front part. It didn't fit real well. After a spirited ride I herd/found that I was catching the front part at the bend that go's to the front cowl. The ears on the front removable part was hitting the shield and tilting it. I took about a 1/4 inch off the ears so thay don't hit. So far it has helped.

shooter
    Steve this thing likes to corner. Those front pegs are way to low. She's a runner that's for sure. My 109 is faster on the straight stretches but would never hang with the B in the twisties.

I would change the setting on the rear shock...should not scrape that much...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    I used to scrape my BP on the corners,,,

Took it off and it hasn't scraped since,,,
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    I bought the nice black anodized powder coated belly pan to protect my lil' girl's underside from road debris.
    It is on properly and fits very well.
    I have managed to scrape the pan and pegs more then just a few times in the 100 miles or so that I have had the belly pan on her.

Coming from a 98 Valk and a 95 Heritage both with full floorboards and heel-toe shifters, I was never a "lean-way-over" guy.

Does the F6B just lend itself to leaning over more?
    Anybody else losing "the black" off the bellypan?
    It doesn't feel awkward at all to be at those angles.
    What a great bike!
    Cheers,
    Steve
    Depending on how fast you go around corners, you are going to scrape a little. The faster you go the more lean.
    I have a large amount of Aluminum ground off the bottom of both sides of both my floorboards.
    You have to keep your feet in also, will ground off the bottom of your boots to, don't ask how I know.
    Seems like with this bike, not as much fun if not pushing it just a little. Don't have that problem with my VN2000.