Belly Pan Scraping - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Belly Pan Scraping

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    When I installed my belly pan (Mcguyver) it rubbed. I contacted the maker of the pan and he had me reinstall it with a floor Jack underneath pushing up on it then tightening the bolts.....worked like a charm. I took the pan off 2 rides later because I didn't like the excess heat it was forcing up on me.

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post
    When I installed my belly pan (Mcguyver) it rubbed. I contacted the maker of the pan and he had me reinstall it with a floor Jack underneath pushing up on it then tightening the bolts.....worked like a charm. I took the pan off 2 rides later because I didn't like the excess heat it was forcing up on me.
    Excess heat?? Now you have me second guessing my purchase I know there are the vented ones, but didn't think they'd be very good as a jack surface. I had seen pics of using a motorcycle jack on the McGuyver model, and frankly, that was my main motivation in purchasing one. I think I'm probably going to end up with a Harbor Freight table lift before any longer. I've read good reviews. My next choice would be a Titan at quite a bit more money. I do all my own wrenching and servicing. Besides cost, I just simply do not trust most shops. I work on building systems, commercial/Industrial HVAC-R equipment from fractional horse power up to 1000 ton chillers so I'm not afraid of complicated machinery. Have manuals will travel.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post
    I took the pan off 2 rides later because I didn't like the excess heat it was forcing up on me.

Yet another reason I run 'Sans-Pan',,, even the vented / louvered pans can't flush out as much heat as 'no pan' can,,,

I made my own overflow tank protector outta 26 GA material,,, other than that, I run nekkid!!! (Pictures at 11!! )

Belly Pan

You are not alone on belly pan scraping. I have just wore through my belly pan all the way. I got to replace it now and my pegs are about shot. My suspension is up +25 clicks. This bike will lean and scrape for sure!!!

Scotrod!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post

Yet another reason I run 'Sans-Pan',,, even the vented / louvered pans can't flush out as much heat as 'no pan' can,,,

I made my own overflow tank protector outta 26 GA material,,, other than that, I run nekkid!!! (Pictures at 11!! )
    I really would like to see that.... Pictures please....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2013 F6B Black
    Buell Lightning S1
    DR400sm
    Qlink Sumo

Quote Originally Posted by FF-Ed View Post
    I really would like to see that.... Pictures please....
    Me,, runnin Nekkid?!?!

OK, but you've been warned!!!!

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?3...hlight=redneck

The 6 is wide and low,,,(kinda like me!)

W/ spirited riding, a 6 will scrape before many other bikes,,,

Good news is, it is still plenty exciting for me in the corners,,,,

I never installed a belly pan, due to the fact I scrape the lower bodywork already.
    I thought if I'm scraping that, I would hate a belly pan.
    I drug my front crash bar in a left hander one day.....Talk about pucker factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericb445 View Post
    I never installed a belly pan, due to the fact I scrape the lower bodywork already.
    I thought if I'm scraping that, I would hate a belly pan.
    I drug my front crash bar in a left hander one day.....Talk about pucker factor.
    That's a spooky one.

Cool

At the risk of if you take a better line there will be less scraping...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com