iPhone 6 compatibility - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: iPhone 6 compatibility

I just read this article. It appears there are problems and functions lost with the lightning cable to USB on radios.

Gives me an optimistic outlook to trying the adapter described in my post above.

http://www.appradioworld.com/2012/10...ty-charts.html

Quote Originally Posted by KenSk8Man View Post
    I just read this article. It appears there are problems and functions lost with the lightning cable to USB on radios.

Gives me an optimistic outlook to trying the adapter described in my post above.

http://www.appradioworld.com/2012/10...ty-charts.html
    I had this problem on my home audio dock, when i got an iphone 5. I got the adapter for the Lightning cable to 30 pin, however it will only charge, NOT transfer audio. I hope you have better luck , but i don't think the adapter will work. I think i remember reading somewhere that the 1Phone 5S wouldn't work on the F6B either.

Quote Originally Posted by rumble-b View Post
    I had this problem on my home audio dock, when i got an iphone 5. I got the adapter for the Lightning cable to 30 pin, however it will only charge, NOT transfer audio. I hope you have better luck , but i don't think the adapter will work. I think i remember reading somewhere that the 1Phone 5S wouldn't work on the F6B either.
    I bought the 30 pin adapter with the rca plug attached. If in fact what I'm interpreting is correct, the rca will piggyback analog audio into the 30 pin, and all will be good.

I'll keep u posted

...ps...if honda installed a digital audio radio, it would work flawlessly. A little disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by KenSk8Man View Post
    I bought the 30 pin adapter with the rca plug attached. If in fact what I'm interpreting is correct, the rca will piggyback analog audio into the 30 pin, and all will be good.

I'll keep u posted

...ps...if honda installed a digital audio radio, it would work flawlessly. A little disappointed.
    I tried the 30pin+RCA to lightning adapter - No Luck
    I bought the Apple 30pin to lightning (supposedly has a D to A converter built in) - No Luck

I'm getting enlightened each step of the way.

Apparently, the F6B Radio supports IPOD OUT. Here's the rub though: "iPod Out" doesn't actually mean "audio output from an iPod." It's the branding for a very specific feature for cars and remote-screen tools that was included in iOS 4, which delivered a customized iOS graphic display via the in-dash screens when the device was docked. BMW made a big deal of including this feature as early as 2010, but few other manufacturers have jumped on board.

THAT explains why even with the adapter that provides analog audio out, it won't necessarily work with the F6B USB.

What I will now do, simply attach the audio out (headphone jack) on my iPhone 6 to the F6B RCA audio in, and use the accessory socket with USB charger adapter to charge the phone while playing.

I ran into the same problem with the iPhone 5

My iPhone 4 worked great, but it died in me. The battery crapped out completely, and the sleep/wake switch failed.

My iPhone 5 would work just fine on the F6B for 7 minutes, then I would get a "check USB" message and the music would quit. Eventually, I got no response at all from it - the system wouldn't even recognize it.

I went to amazon.com and ordered an iPhone 4 battery replacement with required tools and instructions for $9.99 (including shipping). I use my MacBook to transfer music to it, and use it only as a music player for the bike.

If you don't have an iPhone 4, a simpler solution might be to transfer your music to a flash drive and plug that into your USB port. I think there are several threads here that address choosing the correct format.

Like you, I prefer the USB option, because I like having control of the player.

Good luck!

Cheap iPods from a pawn shop or ebay are another option. I use a nano I picked up for $16 I think.
    Ride to work, work to ride
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My iPhone 6, this....... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ......plug it into the saddlebag USB connector and the iPhone 6, turn the key to the on position, the and display reads iPod, select a playlist and it plays the music and charges the phone, just like it did with my iPhone 4.

I read somewhere that the cable (cord), must be apple certified to work properly.....so I purchased the cable from Amazon and it seems to work just fine on my iphone 6.

Ride Safe!!

Does iPhone 6 Plus work with saddlebag usb or not?

Sorry to resurrect this thread but did not want to start another.

I'm very frustrated. My iPhone 6 does not work at all with the saddlebag usb and my previous iPhone models did.

Some say need apple cert cable, some say doesn't matter what you use, the usb will never work with iPhone 6.

Can owners who have the iPhone 6 please respond and let us know if the USB works or not. Anyone get it to work?

I have tried numerous cables which I have in my house. Not sure if they are apple certified.
    They all look the same. The aux button shows the usb signal onscreen or the iPod symbol which reads "no song". Neither setting produces sound through the USB.

Am I waisting my time. I like to use a music service like Deezer or Spotify when riding and listening to FM with commercials is driving me nuts.

Do I need to add a Bluetooth system? What do I do? So confused. Can I get the USB to work with my iPhone 6 or not?

PS-I just bought the Garmin Zumo 595 but I prefer to use the Speakers on the bike.

Help us much appreciated.

My 6s works with the usb on my 15 f6b deluxe with no problems at all.

Lucky, my 6+ does not work with the USB in the saddlebag. Flash drive works great. Phone simply will not work. I've tried all manner of cables from the OEM that came with it to many, many aftermarket cables. I even bought a couple USB plugs to try to extend a Lightning cable up to the front, no luck.
    Attachment 22667
    I couldn't find anything about F6B being in the Made for Ipod (MFI) program, but hooking Lightning>USB in my CRV works like a charm and many here have no problems with their F6B.
    Mine is a 2013, maybe there is a firmware update. I have gotten an iPod to hook up to it, but my dream of running a lightning cable to the handlebars to have digital out and handlebar controls has been dashed.
    I'd like to say it's a warranty issue, but I haven't found the page that guarantees it will hook up to an iPhone or that the bike is MFI compliant.
    The dongles that some have used in the trunk to hook via USB have all failed me, either noisy or strange skips. I have a bluetooth car kit in the left pocket hooked up to 12V USB adapter and a female-female adapter to hook it into AUX. I leave a flash drive plugged into the trunk USB with a bunch of my favorites and switch between that and the phone.
    Please post if you make some progress.
    Robert