iPhone 6 compatibility - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: iPhone 6 compatibility

So speeddrive has no issues with iPhone 6 and misterb and myself cannot get the USB iPhone 6 to work.

anyone else? Anyone with insights? There surely must be more f6b owners with the iPhone 6.

Where are all the helpful iPhone 6 users?

Quote Originally Posted by KenSk8Man View Post
    I tried the 30pin+RCA to lightning adapter - No Luck
    I bought the Apple 30pin to lightning (supposedly has a D to A converter built in) - No Luck

I'm getting enlightened each step of the way.

Apparently, the F6B Radio supports IPOD OUT. Here's the rub though: "iPod Out" doesn't actually mean "audio output from an iPod." It's the branding for a very specific feature for cars and remote-screen tools that was included in iOS 4, which delivered a customized iOS graphic display via the in-dash screens when the device was docked. BMW made a big deal of including this feature as early as 2010, but few other manufacturers have jumped on board.

THAT explains why even with the adapter that provides analog audio out, it won't necessarily work with the F6B USB.

What I will now do, simply attach the audio out (headphone jack) on my iPhone 6 to the F6B RCA audio in, and use the accessory socket with USB charger adapter to charge the phone while playing.

I have tried numerous times to connect my iPhone 6S audio out to the RCA plug in the left glove box. It will not work. However, it did work when I connected an old mini iPod. I now keep the mini iPod plugged into the USB port in the left saddlebag, where it works perfectly vis the handlebar switches. I just gave up on the iPhone 6S. I believe it needs a bluetooth adapter to work

No problems getting my 6s+ to work with USB connection. I always open Music app to set focus before I close up the saddlebag lid.

Good Luck.

It's really a strange thing: One day my iPhone 6S works by connecting to the USB in the saddle bag. Next time i start the engine again, it doesn't ("Check USB").

I'll try the tip from Broken Hand next time and will see.
    Always a good and safe ride,
    Karim

Quote Originally Posted by Maddoggie501 View Post
    I have tried numerous times to connect my iPhone 6S audio out to the RCA plug in the left glove box. It will not work. However, it did work when I connected an old mini iPod. I now keep the mini iPod plugged into the USB port in the left saddlebag, where it works perfectly vis the handlebar switches. I just gave up on the iPhone 6S. I believe it needs a bluetooth adapter to work
    If you have a cover on your phone it might restrict the plug from being inserted all the way in. Try removing the cover from phone and try the plug again.

I still can't get over the fact you had an iPhone 4 up until just recently....

Quote Originally Posted by speeddrive1 View Post
    If you have a cover on your phone it might restrict the plug from being inserted all the way in. Try removing the cover from phone and try the plug again.
    Its definitely the plug. I matched up the headset that comes with the iPhone and the RCA plug is a little different than the RCA plug in the left dash compartment. Wish I could figure how to post the two RCA plugs. The iPhone plug has 3 separate white areas while the F6B plug has two. Maybe there is an adapter out there.

Both my previous iPhone 5s and my current 6+ work as advertised! My thoughts on the issue are also around the cable. I have ALWAYS utilized the provided Apple cable to connect to the saddlebag USB interface. In fact, I purchased an extra long one (approx 6'), plugged it into the USB connector and neatly ran it up to the handlebars. No problem! That said, the only issue I have experienced…on occasion, I am unable to advance to the next song or go to previous song from the handlebar controls. I learned that when this happens, I just shut down my phone and turn it back on and it clears the issue.

FYI

Those of you who have a subscription to Sirius XM satellite radio at home or in a car...you can download the XM app to your phone and stream your favorite channels for free until August 17.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6