Tall Windshield is not tall enough
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tall Windshield is not tall enough

Tall Windshield is not tall enough

I bought the Honda tall windshield with my new F6B and it is not nearly tall enough.

What is the tallest windshield out there for an F6B?

I would appreciate any comment on the adjustable vs fixed option--my first thought is that the adjustable is a compromise.

I am 6'7" but I only have a 33 inch inseam so I am literally tall in the saddle.

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by 4bobo View Post
    I bought the Honda tall windshield with my new F6B and it is not nearly tall enough.

What is the tallest windshield out there for an F6B?

I would appreciate any comment on the adjustable vs fixed option--my first thought is that the adjustable is a compromise.

I am 6'7" but I only have a 33 inch inseam so I am literally tall in the saddle.

Thanks in advance!
    Yep, been there done that and I found the Slipstreamer #S-T167-T for a GL1800, it is 7" taller than a stock GL1800 shield. The Slipstreamer #S-T167-T is the tallest I could find without having a custom one cut and I still look over it with 6'5" frame(35" inseam). One thing I did learn the hard way is get your saddle the way you want before looking at shields. I run a Russell Day Long 3" up and 4" back.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Thanks for the good advice!

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Yep, been there done that and I found the Slipstreamer #S-T167-T for a GL1800, it is 7" taller than a stock GL1800 shield. The Slipstreamer #S-T167-T is the tallest I could find without having a custom one cut and I still look over it with 6'5" frame(35" inseam). One thing I did learn the hard way is get your saddle the way you want before looking at shields. I run a Russell Day Long 3" up and 4" back.
    Thank you for your quick response!

I like the seat idea but it appears I would have to send my stock seat to Northern California which means I will have to go several weeks without riding. Is that correct?

I am not sure I can wait on the windshield either. The buffeting is beating the crap out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Damn the Russell day long can sit you 3inches up and 4 back. I might have to really consider getting one of those this winter and selling the ultimate king

Quote Originally Posted by 4bobo View Post
    Thank you for your quick response!

I like the seat idea but it appears I would have to send my stock seat to Northern California which means I will have to go several weeks without riding. Is that correct?

I am not sure I can wait on the windshield either. The buffeting is beating the crap out of me.
    Or pay the shipping on the on the OEM F6B saddle I have to RDL and when you get the custom one back send me your OEM saddle.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian D View Post
    Damn the Russell day long can sit you 3inches up and 4 back. I might have to really consider getting one of those this winter and selling the ultimate king
    Yep, RDL can make a saddle just about anyway you need it. On one of my Runes I have a RDL that is 6" up and 4" back, my VTX1800"C" RDL is 4" up and 4" back. The only thing that limits the build is the seat pan, you can only go so far back, but 'up' is a big veritable and why RDL requires photos with you on the bike so it is truly a custom fit with real internal suspension made for your weight, no two RDL saddles are the same. I have been running RDL saddles since 1979 on every MC I have owned and I rate then on fit, finish and customer service.
    Great people to do biz with, If ya call them tell'em BIGLRY says hi.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    X2 on RDL.

RE [I]I am not sure I can wait on the windshield either. The buffeting is beating the crap out of me. [I]

The shield Larry referenced isn't real 'expensive' as far as shields go,,,Very reasonable, actually!

Plus,,, you can always trim it down if it's too tall if/when your seat decisions are complete.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Here is the first link of several I found that show the referenced shield:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Slipstreamer...-/370618546009

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Here is the first link of several I found that show the referenced shield:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Slipstreamer...-/370618546009
    Yep, that is the one I have and what I paid, for the price I love it even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian D View Post
    Dang Brian, Getting rid of the Ultimate already?