request- rear signal red lights

Thread: request- rear signal red lights

request- rear signal red lights

Someone riding behind me at light commented that the amber turn signal lights were a bit too bright. Is there a kit that turns them all on when brake is applied and red turn signal?

Quote Originally Posted by Spankyrir View Post
    Someone riding behind me at light commented that the amber turn signal lights were a bit too bright. Is there a kit that turns them all on when brake is applied and red turn signal?
    I wouldn't touch it . It's your safety , so let them all see you and recognize any attempts in changing the lanes or turning to other directions .

Too bright? Never heard that one before. Bright is good. Tell them to call Honda and complain.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    Too bright? Never heard that one before. Bright is good
    I say AMEN to that I'd rather be seen, our lives are more valuable than the opinion from a cager. In your case, they worked and you were noticed. They didn't rear end you and then say "OOOPS" we didn't see you.

Keep those bright lights on there, I'm sure Clutch would rather be riding versus taking care of you because someone rear-ended your dark bike. Bright is a good safety factor. Just my 2 cents.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Spankyrir View Post
    Is there a kit that turns them all on when brake is applied and red turn signal?

http://www.customdynamics.com/instru...e-play-unv.pdf Works good though the LEDS will blink fast till you put in a load resistor. But they all do that. Went with some 800lumen JDM LED bulbs from Amazon, work pretty good. LEDs are much better than that Show Chrome bulbs some vendors are selling.
    ss^,
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by fxdl2051 View Post
    http://www.customdynamics.com/instru...e-play-unv.pdf Works good though the LEDS will blink fast till you put in a load resistor. But they all do that. Went with some 800lumen JDM LED bulbs from Amazon, work pretty good. LEDs are much better than that Show Chrome bulbs some vendors are selling.
    A flasher, typically solid-state, that is designed for use with LED turn signals should take care of the fast-blink problem. Load resistors are typically used in auto installs where converting incandescent to LED causes a MIL. Of course, on our bikes, that isn't an issue so I'm not in favor of installing the resistors. After all, one of the advantages of going LED is to lessen the electrical load. Why add resistors to take away that advantage?
    Ken (Hornblower)

I just put regular red bulbs in place of the yellow ones....pretty easy.