Madstad wind management - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Madstad wind management

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Yup, and the fairing on the6 stops/redirects a lot of wind already,,

The 6 is the first 'real' faired bike I've had. I've pretty much forgotten what it was like to ride with just a shield or a 'batwing' type fairing,,,

I stick my arm or leg out doin 70 every once in a while just to 'remind' me,,,
    Yeah, I stand up on the pegs every once in awhile to stretch my legs and to feel the air in my hair.

5'8", Mustang seat, so I sit a little lower. Have been riding w/a couple of inches, taller than stock, manufacturer unknown, on bike when I got it,shield. Lot of wind in the face but really didn't mind it. All this talk about the Madstad and what it does and the upcoming 10 day trip, prompted me to buy one. Got my 11" Madstad yesterday, put it on and took it for a little bit of a ride, not sure whether my expectations were to high or I have just not found the sweet spot, I am hoping for better than what I am feeling now, w/the suggestions in this thread I am going to give it a try tomorrow again.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    5'8", Mustang seat, so I sit a little lower. Have been riding w/a couple of inches, taller than stock, manufacturer unknown, on bike when I got it,shield. Lot of wind in the face but really didn't mind it. All this talk about the Madstad and what it does and the upcoming 10 day trip, prompted me to buy one. Got my 11" Madstad yesterday, put it on and took it for a little bit of a ride, not sure whether my expectations were to high or I have just not found the sweet spot, I am hoping for better than what I am feeling now, w/the suggestions in this thread I am going to give it a try tomorrow again.
    Most of us have found a "sweet spot" with the Madstad. It might take a bit of trial and error to get the best setting for you but I'll be surprised if you aren't ultimately happy with it. Not that this would necessarily work for you, but my best setting was adjusting it as high as I can while still being able to see over it. And, the best angle, for me, being slightly beyond parallel with the base shield. The great feature of the Madstad is the ease with which everything can be adjusted. You might consider it the "HeliBars" of windshields.
    Ken (Hornblower)

[QUOTE=Hornblower;83667]Most of us have found a "sweet spot" with the Madstad. It might take a bit of trial and error to get the best setting for you but I'll be surprised if you aren't ultimately happy with it. Not that this would necessarily work for you, but my best setting was adjusting it as high as I can while still being able to see over it. And, the best angle, for me, being slightly beyond parallel with the base shield. The great feature of the Madstad is the ease with which everything can be adjusted. You might consider it the "HeliBars" of windshields.[/QUOTE

Hornblower, Having never really ridden w/a shield that really affords some wing protection, does the "sweet" spot illuminate most wind off of your forehead, the swirling around your ears...

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post

Hornblower, Having never really ridden w/a shield that really affords some wing protection, does the "sweet" spot illuminate most wind off of your forehead, the swirling around your ears...
    It does for me
    Ken (Hornblower)